Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Has anyone tried tca cross on their nose?

Guest Timehealsall

Has anyone tried tca crossing enlarged pores/scarred pores on the corners of their noses?

How did it turn out?

Here are some pictures of my pores. Please let me know if these are just enlarged pores... or scarred pores. thanks

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dvvlfb.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/rtmcyd.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ewk2vr.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/24d39m9.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/mbk7mh.jpg

As you can see, one of my pore is red. Does that mean it is still healing? It is weird because i had a blackhead there... used bha (paulas choice), the blackhead fell off, the pore CLOSED. Then a few days ago, i noticed a lot of dead skin in that area (i have seborrheic dermaitits) rubbed the dead skin off my face with fingers (moderately, not too hard not too soft), and the pore was there. It closed up before though...

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

dang... this board stinks

Guest Timehealsall

hmm, according to the article, the use of silicone gel can prevent acne scars. I know it helps in hypertrophic/kelodis... but will it work for pitted?

Guest Timehealsall

wow, the tca cross images show improvement of the patient... too bad they did not use the same lighting..

Go ahead and read the following article.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P...2010-893080.pdf

Good post.

hmm, according to the article, the use of silicone gel can prevent acne scars. I know it helps in hypertrophic/kelodis... but will it work for pitted?

I've recently just bought a silicone pad to use on one of my keloid scar. I've also cut the rest of the pieces and use them on my indented scars alone with dermastamping. A few reviews for silicone sheets said it helped with their indented scars so I'll see how that goes.

Guest Timehealsall

I wonder if needling or tca cross will yield better results for pores on the nasal fold..

Dude...people don't even notice these things. I don't wanna be dissrespectful but you're obsessed.

These are just enlarged pores, these pics are taken from a very very close range and they're still hardly noticable.

DON'T CROSS THEM, FORGET ABOUT THEM. Go on with your life.

i don't see any scarring nor enlarged pores

what i think i see is hyperkeratinization, meaning you have a lot of clogged pores due to an excess production of keratin

nothing a little salicylic acid shouldn't be able to handle

from your posts it appears that your situation may be more psychological than physical, and i believe others will agree with me

it is possible that you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and your obsessions give you an unrealistic view of your skin condition

i have OCD and i am now on medication, which makes me not obsess over my skin nearly as much as before

if you do not believe that your condition is psychological and feel that you must satisfy your need to correct your perceived skin condition, then lasers and chemical peels can help

for lasers, i would suggest a non-ablative laser to minimize risks

TCA CROSS would also help, but it may be overkill for your situation especially when factoring in the risk of scarring, not to mention that it only treats a few spots at a time

i assume you would rather have an overall effect, so perhaps something along the lines of a tca peel would be beneficial

again, i have to stress that i don't see anything on your nose besides clogged pores

the pores on my nose are much larger and i still don't think of them as a problem

good luck

Edited by Brawn

Timehealsall: There's nothing on this site that can help you. You need counseling or psychiatric help because with your current mindset you will always find flaws in your skin no matter how minor they are.

99% of people on this site are trying to get the skin you now have. Now move on and see a counselor.

You will only be unhappy for the same amount of time that it takes you to seek professional help.

Will that be a day or a year?

Only time will tell.

Edited by biggs881

Guest Timehealsall
Dude...people don't even notice these things. I don't wanna be dissrespectful but you're obsessed.

These are just enlarged pores, these pics are taken from a very very close range and they're still hardly noticable.

DON'T CROSS THEM, FORGET ABOUT THEM. Go on with your life.

you are not being dissrspectful.

So these are enlarged pores, and not scarred pores?

Because when i look in the mirror (a few feet away), i can still see them, and they look kind of pitted.

The pictures imho don't do justice.

Guest Timehealsall
i don't see any scarring nor enlarged pores

what i think i see is hyperkeratinization, meaning you have a lot of clogged pores due to an excess production of keratin

nothing a little salicylic acid shouldn't be able to handle

from your posts it appears that your situation may be more psychological than physical, and i believe others will agree with me

it is possible that you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and your obsessions give you an unrealistic view of your skin condition

i have OCD and i am now on medication, which makes me not obsess over my skin nearly as much as before

if you do not believe that your condition is psychological and feel that you must satisfy your need to correct your perceived skin condition, then lasers and chemical peels can help

for lasers, i would suggest a non-ablative laser to minimize risks

TCA CROSS would also help, but it may be overkill for your situation especially when factoring in the risk of scarring, not to mention that it only treats a few spots at a time

i assume you would rather have an overall effect, so perhaps something along the lines of a tca peel would be beneficial

again, i have to stress that i don't see anything on your nose besides clogged pores

the pores on my nose are much larger and i still don't think of them as a problem

good luck

i posted more photos, and the pores are on the nasal fold.

I don't know if that is indeed hyperkeratinization because i have seborrheic dermatitis as well. If i do use a sal acid (pauals choice), will it cause my pores to enlarge? Id rather not have that happen (is there a risk to it)?

I would want to tca cross only one pore and see how it works, so i don't have high risks.

Regarding the lasers/tca peel, i am dark skinned (light brown), so are lasers still an option? What about tca peel?

thanks

now i see what you are talking about

in your new picture, that doesnt look like a pore

it looks like sebaceous hyperplasia

http://www.skinsight.com/images/dx/webAdul...sia_5189_lg.jpg

http://www.crutchfielddermatology.com/imag...rplasia/001.jpg

notice that the area around your "pore" is raised?

it's not actually a pore, just enlarged oil glands that form a raised "donut" shape, so it looks like there is a hole in the middle

the best treatment for this is the Smoothbeam laser by Candela Laser, it is non-ablative and safe for darker skinned individuals

tca cross and cryosurgery can also treat this, but the smoothbeam is the "gold standard" for SH

ps. salicylic acid works for both hyperkeratinization and seborrheic dermatitis

and you can also get an anti-dandruff shampoo to help (the best is Selsun Blue with Selenium Sulfide, NOT pyriothione zinc, I recommend the version called "Selsun Blue Medicated" which contains menthol too)

Edited by Brawn

Guest Timehealsall

Well, i always wondered what yellowish raised bullshit was on my nose.

I actually DO have enlarged pores, just one of the pore is in the middle of this sebacious hyperplasia.

I thought that hyperplasia was dead skin :rolleyes:

So laser would help my skin tone?

Well, i always wondered what yellowish raised bullshit was on my nose.

I actually DO have enlarged pores, just one of the pore is in the middle of this sebacious hyperplasia.

I thought that hyperplasia was dead skin :rolleyes:

So laser would help my skin tone?

hahaha yes, the yellow shit are the oil glands, on darker skinned individuals, it looks closer to normal skin color, so i'm surprised you noticed that it's slightly yellow! good for you

yes, laser should help improve skin texture, the smoothbeam is specifically designed to destroy the sebaceous glands (sebaceous hyperplasia = enlarged sebaceous glands), this improves acne, and as a side effect, the smoothbeam improves skin texture (generates collagen like other lasers) and shrinks pores

basically everything you want in 1

price of a smoothbeam treatment for the nose should be around $200, in fact, it may be even less than a tca cross treatment

Edited by Brawn

You need to do better things than be on this board. There is nothing wrong with your nose. You're skin doesn't need to look like a baby's butt

Guest Timehealsall

its weird because i have always had like 2-3 pores in that area, that never bothered me. But now i have like 5.... how the fkd did these new ones form?

i never had blackheads there, and if i did, i never squeezed them.

Only thing i did recently was rub dead skin off of that nasal fold. I used my fingers (not nails), and rubbed back and forth kind of hard (not that hard but not soft).

Could this cause pores to dilate? Also, if there was a blackhead there (probably underneatht he skin), could rubbing over it cause it to scar?

Last but not least, any tricks i can do to cover my pores? I.e. concealer and whatnot

Guest Timehealsall

i dunno what to say... in real life these pores look freaking HUGE and oily... and some of them have redness inside of them. Why is this? Does this mean they are healing or what? Makes no sense man...

its weird because i have always had like 2-3 pores in that area, that never bothered me. But now i have like 5.... how the fkd did these new ones form?

Only thing i did recently was rub dead skin off of that nasal fold. I used my fingers (not nails), and rubbed back and forth kind of hard (not that hard but not soft).

Could this cause pores to dilate? Also, if there was a blackhead there (probably underneatht he skin), could rubbing over it cause it to scar?

Last but not least, any tricks i can do to cover my pores? I.e. concealer and whatnot

enlarged pores can be from oily skin. The oil can cause the pores to stretch. You may be more genetically predisposed to it than others. I had one of two enlarged pores on my nose from puberty. But even after full blown cystic acne in my 20's my pores hadn't stretched. So I don't know what makes them enlarge sometimes but not all the time. Don't think it's your fault. It's not anything you did or didn't do. Sun damage can cause skin cells to collect around pores and the skin to lose elasticity, making pores appear more obvious. sun damage can also supposedly cause it.

large pores appear mainly around the nose because the area has more oil glands than the other areas.

Your diet and or smoking can also influence this.

Edited by Nightlilly89

Guest Timehealsall

enlarged pores can be from oily skin. The oil can cause the pores to stretch. You may be more genetically predisposed to it than others. I had one of two enlarged pores on my nose from puberty. But even after full blown cystic acne in my 20's my pores hadn't stretched. So I don't know what makes them enlarge sometimes but not all the time. Don't think it's your fault. It's not anything you did or didn't do. Sun damage can cause skin cells to collect around pores and the skin to lose elasticity, making pores appear more obvious. sun damage can also supposedly cause it.

large pores appear mainly around the nose because the area has more oil glands than the other areas.

Can extreme stress cause enlarged or scarred pores?

Like i said, i have always had like 2 pores in that area that never bothered me... now have 5 ALL in one fking area. All i remember doing was that i had a shit ton of dead skin that area, so i wet my nose, and with my fingers (NOT NAILS), rubbed the dead skin off of my nose (you can see in the pictures that i have a LOT OF dead skin on my face, mainly seborrheic dermatitis). Is it possible this can cause pores to stretch

My dad has a ton of pores on his nose, so i might be genetically predisposed to it..... But still, howt he fk did these appear OUT OF NO WHERE?

Maybe the seborrheic dermatitis is causing them to dilate? i am scared of trying to many different treatments because SD treatments worsen acne... and worse acne = MORE SCARRING!

Guest Timehealsall

Yes my skin is pretty damn oily, especially on my nose. i mean i have pores on other areas of my nose (the tip), but they are very small compared to the ones on my nasal fold...