Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jc90

Chlorine and Marks/Scars

Does anyone have any experiences good or bad of the effects of chlorine from swimming on your skin and marks left after acne?

Well, when I was in high school we were required to take a swimming class. My mom did notice that my acne had cleared drastically during that time period. So there might me something to this.....?¿

I just find that Chlorine is a drying agent if used on the skin from swimming. My guess would be that it has NO effect on red marks.

So im sure you have nothing to worry about, as long as you use an SPF, everything else will fall into place in time.

Good Luck!

Don't know anything about chlorine, but salt water(oceans/beaches) and the sun cleared up my body acne, and even most of my facial acne last summer. November came and everything changed. lol.

Edited by Smack'd

I just find that Chlorine is a drying agent if used on the skin from swimming. My guess would be that it has NO effect on red marks.

So im sure you have nothing to worry about, as long as you use an SPF, everything else will fall into place in time.

Good Luck!

Do SPF's make you unable to get a tan, or only protect those things in your skin(that m word)?

Also, what do you think about the sun and red acne marks(no spf on face/spf on face)

I was on the swim team in highschool. I don't think there was any relation for me.

Do SPF's make you unable to get a tan, or only protect those things in your skin(that m word)?

Also, what do you think about the sun and red acne marks(no spf on face/spf on face)

I wear an SPF of 30 and still have a decent skin tone/tanned skin. The sun can prolong the process of red marks I believe, but not make them worse. I suggest getting something with an SPF though my friend ;)