Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jane75

Way to prevent new scar from forming?

I have a big scar forming, my cystic acne (I get one new one every month) scars even if I don't pick it. I didn't pick this one and it's weird, it still is scarring and it's scarring right next to a bunch of other scars. It's worse than the others, probably because it's right on top of another one. Anyway it's still pink, and I read that it's still healing if it's pink. I know that new scars are much easier to fix than old scars. Do you guys have any recommendations? Is there a way I could create collagen or prevent this new caved-in area from remaining and healing that way? I'm desperate and I would really appreciate any advice. My other scars are older and nothing has seemed to help them much.

Guest Timehealsall
I have a big scar forming, my cystic acne (I get one new one every month) scars even if I don't pick it. I didn't pick this one and it's weird, it still is scarring and it's scarring right next to a bunch of other scars. It's worse than the others, probably because it's right on top of another one. Anyway it's still pink, and I read that it's still healing if it's pink. I know that new scars are much easier to fix than old scars. Do you guys have any recommendations? Is there a way I could create collagen or prevent this new caved-in area from remaining and healing that way? I'm desperate and I would really appreciate any advice. My other scars are older and nothing has seemed to help them much.

Do you mean that the PIH is becoming indented?

Do you mean that the PIH is becoming indented?

Yes, exactly. It's indented but it's still pink and I was wondering what treatments might work for a new scar to help it not indent so much? My older scars are so hard to treat but I know that if you get a scar when it's newer it's easier to fix. Is there any hope?

Go see a derm and ask for biafine ;-) It's used for burn victims to help healing. I've been using it since I kinda had a break out getting of BP so I have some post marks, they're fading...slowly but fading. I don't want any more scars then I already have. ;-)

Go see a derm and ask for biafine ;-) It's used for burn victims to help healing. I've been using it since I kinda had a break out getting of BP so I have some post marks, they're fading...slowly but fading. I don't want any more scars then I already have. ;-)

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Guest Timehealsall

wait so biafine prevented your pimples turning into PITTED scars? Pigmentation does not =scars

Does it also prevent pores from enlarging?

I don't really have pits. I have a one or two on my entire face. I have new flesh colored bumps on my cheek from an outbreak I had after getting off BP. They are pink in color. I don't know if it would help pitted scarring. ;-(