Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so as I've said quite a few times, I had clear skin from 16-20 and about this time last year I broke up with my boyfriend and it was such a terrible break up. I ended up smoking pot nearly every day and I strongly believe that's what caused my acne.

When I get off Accutane, if I start smoking pot again -maybe not so much- how much of a chance is there for a relapse?

This is a topic that combines 2 things that already have great controversy. :popcorn:

About 20% of Accutane users end up using it twice+ anyway. In my opinion, if you believe smoking cannabis triggered your current acne, there's no point potentially increasing your chance of acne relapsing post-Accutane by using something (cannabis) that has no therapeutic benefits for you.

Edited by biggs881

Yeah, I know. And I haven't smoked for about 6 months now. But every now and then, I just wanna chill out, light up a smoke and eat so much food! Haha.

I just wanted to know it anyone who had or has nearly finished their course smokes pot and what their results are like.

I was just arguing about this with my neighbor. I recently just started smoking occasionally, in the past I didn't like the high it gave me. However, my anxiety has been through the roof lately and I've discovered I love the green.

BUT! Every time I smoke I swear i have a new white head/zit on my chin the next morning. I don't know if this is all in my head or not.

I was just arguing about this with my neighbor. I recently just started smoking occasionally, in the past I didn't like the high it gave me. However, my anxiety has been through the roof lately and I've discovered I love the green.

BUT! Every time I smoke I swear i have a new white head/zit on my chin the next morning. I don't know if this is all in my head or not.

It's not. The THC in the pot reduces your white blood cells, which help to fight off infection and so some end up with lovely acne. Haha.

I'm just hoping that after Accutane, I'll be able to do it on the very rate occasion without consequence. But then again, before I started smoking heaps, I actually smoked a couple times a year without it causing acne. I think I'll be fine. Haha.

Guest Modestm

Why don't you just have a couple of beers?

Guest Modestm

Well, that's fair enough, but I am a little suprised. I don't think I have ever seen anyone out in Melbourne, without a drink in their hands. Drinkings a lot more socially accepted, for obvious reasons.

You make a very valid point. Haha.

I've never been a big drinker and I'm only near 22, but when I go out nowadays I feel old! So I tend not to really go out anymore.

I don't do drugs socially, as in I would never do them while I'm out at a club. I do them when I'm at a friends just chilling out. And pot is the only drug I touch.

Guest Modestm

You ladies need to stop stressing needlessly; I understand that you are both on Accutane. If you are acne free and side effect free once your courses are over, be eternally grateful and happy, and do this: :dance:

Ahh, you have no idea! I will be so happy when I've got clear skin again!

It's actually really good at the moment, a whole of two pimples! Week 4 is going well. Haha.

I smoke weed every day on accutane..wasnt aware it will make you break out hmmmm.. my boyfriend has the most beautiful smooth baby ass skin I have ever seen. Never washed his face before, no oil.. you know the story. He has smoked daily from age 14 and now he's 24.

weed makes you less stressed and stress causes pimples. smoke up girl haha

It works differently for different people. And for me, it doesn't work :( I ended up getting acne. Wah.

Ahh but my favourite was sitting in my room with my friend, watching American Dad, eating family meals from KFC and smoking up. Haha. The good life.