Notifications
Clear all

Dial Soap

MemberMember
(@lovjot_69hotmail-com)

Posted : 04/23/2011 10:47 pm

I've been using Dial Soap - Spring Water (Bar form) for a while, and at the beginning it helped my pimples and cleared my skin. But now when I use it, all it really does it dry up my skin, and it doesn't really stop my pimples a whole bunch. After I use it in the shower (on my face), it dries up my skin, so I decide to put on some dry skin cream (Vaseline - Cocoa Butter, Deep Conditioning). The cream gets rid of the dryness, somewhat, but it feels like I have something on my face. So I decide to pat some off with my towel.

I have oily skin, if that is of any importance.

I was just wondering if the Dial Soap I am using is good. Or should I use something else. But I really don't want to use harsh products on my skin (IE: ProActiv, and those types).

So if you can help, it would really be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@acne-security)

Posted : 04/23/2011 11:22 pm

Don't use soap on your face. Get a mild/gentle cleanser.

MemberMember
(@lovjot_69hotmail-com)

Posted : 04/24/2011 12:59 am

Would you have any recommendations?

EDIT: And also, I don't want anything that makes my skin addicted to it. As in, if I didn't use if for a while, I would breakout.

MemberMember
(@acne-security)

Posted : 04/24/2011 1:38 am

EDIT: And also, I don't want anything that makes my skin addicted to it. As in, if I didn't use if for a while, I would breakout.

Cetaphil cleanser (seriously) (no acne fighting ingrediant/no addiction)

MemberMember
(@lovjot_69hotmail-com)

Posted : 04/24/2011 12:23 pm

So I checked their website, and looked at their products, and saw an Oily Skin Cleanser. Should I use that one?

But also, if it doesn't have any acne fighting ingredients, how does it work?

MemberMember
(@acne-security)

Posted : 04/25/2011 3:06 am

So I checked their website, and looked at their products, and saw an Oily Skin Cleanser. Should I use that one?

But also, if it doesn't have any acne fighting ingredients, how does it work?

you don't want your acne ingredients in cleanser form its a waist of time, if you need acne fighting ingredients you want something that can penetrate. and I use the oily skin one, but I have extremely oily skin, if you have sensitive skin the gentle one is a better idea.

MemberMember
(@lovjot_69hotmail-com)

Posted : 05/07/2011 11:09 pm

Alright, thanks guys.

So I finally got the Cetaphil Gentile Skin Cleanser today, and I just finished using it.

My question is, how do you put it on? I put it on the palms of my hand, kind of rubbed my hands together, and applied it to my face. But when I applied it, it was watery. And it was difficult to put onto my skin. I couldn't really feel myself putting it on my skin, so I put a little more onto my hands and applied to my skin.

So how am I supposed to put this on?

MemberMember
(@microbes101)

Posted : 09/02/2016 4:23 pm

The FDA banned the use of triclocarban, the active ingredient in Dial antibacterial soap. Throw it away. It interferes with hormones. Not Good:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/09/02/fda-halts-sale-some-over-counter-hand-body-wash-products.html

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/02/2016 11:42 pm

No, do NOT use soap for acne. Period. Get a gentle cleanser. Ideally one meant for mild/severe acne. Cetephil is good stuff or just use Dans cleanser. Done.