Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom B.

Self-medicated accutane log

Hi there!

This is my first post, and my first topic. I visited this forum before and you guys shared a lot of useful information.

Currently I'm taking 20mg capsules per day and this is my 5th day, so far no side-effects. My lips are a little dry but it could be coincidence, it's something that happens more often. I'm taking this medication without supervision of a doctor and that probably needs some explanation.

I started having moderate acne when I was around 15/16 and I'm currently 22 years old, if I compare myself to my family I can be pretty sure that it will last at least till 26/27. I used a lot of clearasil-like products that claim to make you get rid of acne, but they just dry out my face. I already have some minor scars in my face.

So I started going to a beauty salon (wasting a lot of money) without significant results. Finally I took the plunge and contacted a doctor, tried Benzoyl peroxide (made it worse), Retin-A (made it worse), Erythromycin and Minocycline (those gave pretty good results, but when I would quit them the acne strikes back even harder). I never used antibiotics for more than 6 weeks and after that my docter always wants to put me back on those creams.

When I brought up accutane he told me my acne will cure in time..

Besides that I stay a lot of time abroad, and I cannot contact my doctor regularly.

In that moment I decided to find out if I could self-medicate, I read probably every piece of information available about accutane in the internet and in books (besides that I've a little background in medicine), after that I used a contact to buy accutane from a pharmacy (yes, in some parts of the world a little more money does the trick).

Yesterday I got the results of my first bloodtest (from a private lab), turns out that I'm in perfect health. I got myself tested on TSH, Natrium, Kalium, Glucose, ALAT, Cholesterol, Creatine, et cetera.

So far, so good.

This is reckless behaviour no matter how you look at it.

Edited by biggs881

Procuring and self-medicating with prescription drugs without a prescription is not only illegal, it is highly dangerous. You are risking your health by doing so.

Acne.org cannot tolerate the potential liability involved with such behavior so this topic is now closed.