Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin gel and Benzoyl peroxide seperately

MemberMember
(@temenos)

Posted : 04/23/2011 1:48 am

Right, so, I was perscribed a year or so ago clindamycin among some other things for facial acne, got a big tube of the gel, cleared it up, all was well.

Fast forward to today, still have the gel, not expired, and I have a pretty bad bacne breakout.

I'm using some 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel on my back as it is, and I heard that using clindamycin in combination can give me better results.

What I don't know is the protocol for using the stuff together with benzoyl peroxide. I know there's combination gels like Duac and BenzaClin but this is when you're using two seperate gels.

Should I apply them both (obviously, 5-10 minutes apart) or seperately? Or not at all?

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 04/23/2011 1:54 am

If its just for your back I'd use them together. However I would stir clear of then on the face unless your are seriously oily. I regret ever using the two for a year.

MemberMember
(@temenos)

Posted : 04/23/2011 10:41 pm

If its just for your back I'd use them together. However I would stir clear of then on the face unless your are seriously oily. I regret ever using the two for a year.

My face is clear, so I have no reason to use them on my face at all.

Appreciate it, going to do that for sure.

MemberMember
(@horan13)

Posted : 07/02/2015 1:06 am

Hey I need help!! I was prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide 10% and Clamydacin 1% gel to apply every night before bedtime by my pediatrician. I'm 15. My doctor said to apply BP first one night then the next night apply Clamydacin first, and alternate like that every day He also said to eat these Indian seeds called Chasku and I do that thrice a day. I have been on BP and C for 12 days but there's absolutely no results!! Help!!! Am I using it wrong?Thanks