Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why use a toner at all? I have never seen the point to using one. Seriously, what do they DO?

I would look for a toner made for oily skin (not aimed towards acne) or normal skin. Burts bees makes some nice natural SA free toners.

why use a toner at all? I have never seen the point to using one. Seriously, what do they DO?

I would look for a toner made for oily skin (not aimed towards acne) or normal skin. Burts bees makes some nice natural SA free toners.

After I cleanse my face and put toner on with a cotton ball, the amount of dirt shown on the cotton ball left behind after cleansing is enough to make me want to keep using it.

Why don't you try using just witch hazel, or a low percent glycolic acid, or both mixed together?

I mix half water and half ACV. I use this because it helps prevent dead skin build-up.

Cheap and effective.

Why can't you use salicylic acid? If you are getting dry and irritated from a toner it might be the alcohol, not the acid.