Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

Acne suffering is underrated

I feel like if you have body imagine problems because of your weight, people understand and sympathize with you if you become anorexic. If you become depressed and have a low self esteem because of your weight, it seems more "accepted" by society in my opinion. Maybe accepted isn't the right word, but do you get what I mean? There are plenty of TV shows and talk shows were people are like "Embrace your figure! Embrace your curves!"

But with acne, there's none of that. When I'm depressed because of my acne, I think my parents see it as a joke. They don't take it seriously. Like "Oh, it's just a few pimples!" Like NO, it's a ligitimate reason to be depressed and no one seems to understand that.

Edited by Gina1234

I was just arguing about this with my mother. I was like look mom you try going to work without any make up on. See how that makes you feel. Your entire personality would change. You would be a hermit. You'd want to stay at your desk. And she was like "No, if i ran out of make up id still go to work."

And then I was like, okay, so we're going on this important business trip to canada in the summer with all my dads friends and co-workers. So I was like mom, "When we go to canada, okay then don't wear any make up when we're mingling with dads friends." She sat there and stopped and thought. She Finally got it (I think).

I was trying to get my point across it's very difficult to want to go out and do things when you're suffering like this. I can't wear make up right now because I've been on a retnoid for a year in half and my skin just can't tolerate it. It's constantly shedding skin. And at the same time If don't use it i break out in cysts. So next step up is accutane.

Anyways, I also said mom Look I can't get a face transplant. The more I go without having a proper regimen or fix, the more scaring and damage I will have over time.

I also asked her do you really think I like the way I'm living my life right now? Hiding from the world? What 21 year old wants to do this?

I'm a naturally athletic. It's one of my greatest joys in life. Working out and utlizing my body. Shaping it how I want it to be shaped. Being in full control. All of this seriously arouses me. And I can't do as of right now. 1. Fear of breaking out is getting in the way. 2. Last time I worked out I had some kinda of bad reaction and my skin felt like it was on fire.

Sure a lot of these problems are in my head and I'm working on them. However, it's seriously a clusterfuck. Excuse my language.

Any my younger sister, she's insecure about her nose and she said the other day "I think I might get a nose job." And I looked at her and I was just thinking I'm annoyed, jealous and empathetic all in once.

People don't get it, We can't get face transplants. There is no sense of control when it comes to acne.

Want to loose weight, put down the donut and pick up the weight.

Acne, *enter here* I'll offer you my soul if anybody has the answer. Accutane doesn't count.

Sorry for my rant.

Dude right? I need to write a book about the emotional impact acne has on people.

hahahah there should be a book on this

Guest pokemonster

hey lipslikesugar, that was srsly 1 rly awasome idea! :surprised: ill just have to steal it and apply it on my own mom totally! cant wait to see what she will say now :badgrin: gee thnx!!

Most people who have never had acne. Look at this condition as not being bad and think it's comical when you say it hurts you on the inside. I wish those heartless fuckers could know this pain! :dance:

Most people who have never had acne. Look at this condition as not being bad and think it's comical when you say it hurts you on the inside. I wish those heartless fuckers could know this pain! :dance:

Now, now, now, watch your language young man. :naughty:

Just kidding. lol

Yeah man its something I've learned through observing people for years. In order for people to "understand" or have a sense of empathy you gotta find their weakness and twist the hell out of it.