Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkling

Dermarolling Safety

Hey y'all!

I would like to purchase a Dermaroller from Dr Roller with 1.0mm needles to treat ice pick scars, but my parents forbid me to do so because they read on the official Dermaroller website (that only sells the 0.2mm one) that any Dermaroller above 0.2mm should only used by a doctor/medical practitioner etc.

If you really shouldn't use anything above at 0.2mm, why are people doing it anyway and just how safe is it?

And is a numbing cream really necessary at a 1.0mm depth?

Thank you so much!

Darkling

P.S. In theory, why can't dermarolling improve scars 100% if it continually induces collagen, breaks scar tissue etc.? Why does it reach a limit in terms of improvement?

Edited by Darkling

Thing is, if you actually have ice pick scars then they arent going to respond to light rolling with needles shorter then 1mm. You'll run the risk of hyperpigmentation and worsening your scars and creating track marks.

Thing is, if you actually have ice pick scars then they arent going to respond to light rolling with needles shorter then 1mm. You'll run the risk of hyperpigmentation and worsening your scars and creating track marks.

I run those risks with rollers UNDER 1.0mm and light rolling???

you run risks with needling in general but of course, the longer the needle the more riskier and also your technique and the quality of the roller or stamp. At the end of the day, youre punching holes into your skin. Things like serious infection are a real risk but, with a good stamp or roller, proper technique, strict sterile environment, it is relatively safe.

you run risks with needling in general but of course, the longer the needle the more riskier and also your technique and the quality of the roller or stamp. At the end of the day, youre punching holes into your skin. Things like serious infection are a real risk but, with a good stamp or roller, proper technique, strict sterile environment, it is relatively safe.

Would you consider a Dermastamp safe and where do you get it from?

Would you consider a Dermastamp safe and where do you get it from?

I just got mine yesterday from jglobalsales.com. They are all sold out of the "normal size" so i got the "small" size. The head of the stamp is about the size of a penny and it took me awhile to hit all my scars i was bleeding a little bit so i just got a clean towel and dipped it in water and wiped the blood off. Then I applied some topical Vitamin C and went to bed. The pain is very tolerable and not very painful at all with the dermastamp. You should really consider it, i had track marks from the stamp before I went to bed, but that was all gone as I woke up 8 hours later. I highly recommend the stamp even though I just bought it yesterday, I have yet to experience its long time effectiveness, but when you insert the needles into the scar tissue you definately hear a "pop" as the scar tissue is broken up and penetrated. The holes it creates are microscopic and they heal very fast. I use a 1.5mm derma stamp from jglobalsales, its a trust worthy website don't worry.

My fear of home rolling is that you're not (most likely) getting a medical grade roller that is sterile. You really should not use it more than once. I don't think you can completely sterilize it by washing it with alcohol etc. and it may ruin the needles. jmo.

My fear of home rolling is that you're not (most likely) getting a medical grade roller that is sterile. You really should not use it more than once. I don't think you can completely sterilize it by washing it with alcohol etc. and it may ruin the needles. jmo.

the needles are usually made of titanium alloy or medical grade stainless steel. They are much more durable then people give credit to, the needles should last you a long time as long as your careful and keep them clean. Also it is impossible to damage the needles by washing them with alcohol, i don't believe alcohol degrades heavy metals such as titanium and steal, by soaking the needles in alcohol it disinfects the needle from the blood and skin cells from your face. Also the sterilization isn't really a issue. When I got my stamp it was packed up in 3 different types of seals and also came with a safety cap, the instructions inside the packaging guarenteed the stamp to be 100% sterile and clean, but i still soaked it in alcohol before usage. Titanium alloy and medical grade stainless steel needles are not that easily manipulated and your worries shouldn't stop you from trying to fix your scars! :D