Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honeybunch

how severe is my acne?

no, but it feels irritated, though that may have been because i recently washed. had acne for about 6 years, was almost clear, then had a TCA peel, and got this large breakout on my chin.

Ive personally been swung (by tangerine and her dr grossbart i think his name is) into believing that acne is caused nearly completely by psychological issues - insecurities, fears and anxieties. Try and remember what you were feeling during the time just before it started breaking out. Did you do anything you dont usually do, does it have negative memories/connotations?

I know this sounds stupid and if i had read this a couple of months ago i would have thought this person needs a psychiatrist, but actually try a regiman of happiness and positive thinking. Tell yourself that your beautiful and you need not fear anything. And see if it has positive effects - i noticed them within 12 hours. :P - What can you loose from trying this?

The toher things will stress you out - this is life. When they do, express these angers either throught shouting or physical exertion - i punch the air until im worn out. :P And then afterwards search your subconcious mind - try and realise why these events stressed you out find the memories that it triggered. For instance if you find someones voice annoying, it will generally be because you have loads of negative memories of that voice.:P

If you only have acne on your chin, I would say you have moderate acne. I know this sucks, but your lucky it's in a localized area. Except, this breakout looks like an allergic reaction of some sort. You had a TCA peel done? Yes, every time I get peels or use AHA my skin breaks out. It's like it unleashes clogged pores and it comes to the surface or something. I think that breakouts around the mouth are hormonal as well.......

Whatever you do, don't touch or scrub your face. Be super gentle because that stuff causes irritation + more bacteria from your hands = breakout. Hope this helps. you're beautiful!

Ive personally been swung (by tangerine and her dr grossbart i think his name is) into believing that acne is caused nearly completely by psychological issues - insecurities, fears and anxieties. Try and remember what you were feeling during the time just before it started breaking out. Did you do anything you dont usually do, does it have negative memories/connotations?

I know this sounds stupid and if i had read this a couple of months ago i would have thought this person needs a psychiatrist, but actually try a regiman of happiness and positive thinking. Tell yourself that your beautiful and you need not fear anything. And see if it has positive effects - i noticed them within 12 hours. :P - What can you loose from trying this?

The toher things will stress you out - this is life. When they do, express these angers either throught shouting or physical exertion - i punch the air until im worn out. :P And then afterwards search your subconcious mind - try and realise why these events stressed you out find the memories that it triggered. For instance if you find someones voice annoying, it will generally be because you have loads of negative memories of that voice.:P

thankyou for the advice, actually nothing negative was getting me down when i broke out - in fact the opposite, i was seeing my closest friends for the weekend. hoever, i always get upset and depressed about my skin. i will take your advice and see how it goes, cheers :)

If you only have acne on your chin, I would say you have moderate acne. I know this sucks, but your lucky it's in a localized area. Except, this breakout looks like an allergic reaction of some sort. You had a TCA peel done? Yes, every time I get peels or use AHA my skin breaks out. It's like it unleashes clogged pores and it comes to the surface or something. I think that breakouts around the mouth are hormonal as well.......

Whatever you do, don't touch or scrub your face. Be super gentle because that stuff causes irritation + more bacteria from your hands = breakout. Hope this helps. you're beautiful!

thanks also for this advice, it does feel irritated but im not quite sure how to both tackle the irritation and help the spots go away at the same time. im hoping it was just a phase post TCA, but will most likely leave me with more hyperpigmentation as i'm very red-mark prone :(