Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

My face washing routine on Accutane.

I've noticed that if I shower every day my skin gets extremely dry and I think it might actually be bad for my skin. I've decided to just shower once every 2 days. This seems to have been working very well. My skin looks healthier and I get fewer acne and my scars look less noticable. I also, only shave maybe once every 1-2 weeks because that also makes my skin very dry. I use to think that having the dry skin didn't really do anything bad to my skin, but I now think it has some bad effects.

Instead of showing once every 2 days - which could cause an outbreak due to bacteria on the skin...you may want to use a cleanser that isn't very harsh. Cetaphils liquid cleanser is very non-abrasive so you may want to try that - it shouldn't dry your skin at all.

yeah, you know you can get moisturisinhg body wash's for the shower. I used one when i was on accutane. cant remember what it was called but i washed my whole body in it in the shower and my skin was really soft and hydrated afterwards.

also. shaving every 1-2 weeks, .... how! im with 'somehopeleft' on that.