Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonnystyles42

My skin is sooo RED and DRY!!!!

I feel sorry for Dan, because of the complaints about the BP gel causing redness/peeling

but its also funny how everyone that expirences redness the first week thinks they are the only ones and feel so miserably.

first things first, DON'T BLAME THE BP GEL/THIS WEBSITE because Dan already warned you all about redness and dryness the first week and how you should start on a low dose, uh duh duh duh

24 hours later my skin looks red.

48 hours later my skin is dry

72 hours later my skin feels so unbearably tight and sore it feels like i have had 50 botox injections.

Bp gel has burned my skin, and now i am in so much discomfort. My face is so tight i can bearely lift a smile because it hurts so much.

So i have stopped using it alltogether, because i just couldn`t stand it anymore and threw the hideous stuff in the bin.

bb_icon_eek.gif

now im going to laugh, hahaha, then post the url warning

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

uh duh duh duh

FAQ, #1, #2, #3 http://www.acne.org/faq.html#itch

uh duh duh duh

lol

yep

dan must get pretty frustrated by all that. Thouhg i was one of those noobs who kicked the reg off at full bp dose blink.gif . the following four days were NOT fun

2 weeks on, at low dose, all is rosey, ill be upping to half a finger tomorrow

just wondering..

when i was on proactiv bp (i think it was 2.5% cream) i really used alot of it and my skin got used to it and i didnt get redness.

now i use oxy 10% bp cream.. personally i think i use alot of it too. for bp gel should i start on a low dosage of that even though my skins been through tougher products?

I would like to thank Dan for teaching me about BP. Redness and peeling is OK. New skin formed is tighter and free of acne bacteria infection.

The redness must be tolerated and so far BP is the best solution on the market and really works killing acne bacteria with oxygen release without making the acne condition worse.

I would suggest drinking a lot of water and staying at home/taking leave from work for the first week while monitoring the progress.

I was expecting the redness and dry-ness, but not to the degree that I got them the first week. I think more clarification on how slowly to start off the regimen would be beneficial because I started off using what I thought was a small amount (1/3 of a finger like the web site says) and it was horrible after a few days I had to cut back to applying only once a day. The other thing is that not everyone has to apply it to their whole face and having that be addressed might be beneficial as well. I realize now that applying 1/3 finger is probably what my maximum goal should be based on the small area that I'm applying it to. Of course, this is all based on assuming that people will actually read the web site thoroughly, which I don't think many people do. I tried to read every page on the website several times before even ordering the bp gel, but then I see a lot of questions posted on here that are specifically addressed under the FAQ. Everyone's skin is different; too hard to fit everyone's needs!! However, even if the The Regimen doesn't work for me I think that this is a great place and Dan is doing a great thing to help people smile.gif

i would agree on needing more clarity on the starting dosage actually. Also, it would be good to point out the more sensitive and 'burn' prone parts of the face. My upper cheaks and upper lip were far worse than my chin or jaw line.

I would recommend to anyone starting, just squeeze out a really thin layer onto your finger tip and quickly spread it as far is it will go. just start really small.