Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne? SMALL BUMPS EVERYWHERE!

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 04/22/2011 12:55 am

So, Acneblog.org, since everyone else hates hearing me complain, you will hear me complain. :) I have these tiny.. goose bump like bumps all over my face. (When i mean all over, I mean there is not a spot that they are not.) And I've had them for about.. 2 years now? They started shortly after I moved from the mainland to Vancouver Island. Now, I've battled with them. I've tried Clean n' Clean, Clearasil, Deep Clean, Aveeno, Biore, ProActive, etc etc etc, and nothing seems to be working. I recently started using Avene Thermal (some new french product recently introduced to canada) and it has reduced the bumps's size by a fair amount, but when I stretch the skin, they are still there. Reduced in size of course, but still there nonetheless. Now, these started a year after I hit puberty, so I was wondering if this could possibly be Hormonal Acne? They arn't red or anything, Like I do get the few red zits here and there, but these particular bumps are just.. the same color as my skin. I've been using Diacneal cream at night on my face for them, and like I said it has reduced the size of them, and its been 2 months, and I have noticed improvement, but they are not gone. Could this be hormonal Acne? Comedonal Acne? How long roughly would you say these will take to be completely gone? (I hear normal acne takes around 4-6 months to be completely healed) To the naked eye, you can't see them. My skin just looks kind of uneven, like .. bumpy or rough almost. I'm trying my best not to emotionally break down about this, as my motto is now: "The less I can see my face, the better I feel." and my family and boyfriend is starting to worry about my confidence levels. I used to wear my hair up, and stuff, now I never do because I feel like I could actually hide behind my hair. (which I know doesn't actually work because hair doesn't cover my whole face.) So I was wondering what you guys think. Have any of you dealt with this kind of nonscnece acne? Is it hormonal? Should I go on Birth Control? I turn 18 this year, so perhaps it will get better slowly after? My family doesn't have a history of acne. My mom and grandparents grew up acne free. Should I start taking vitamins that help the skin like Zinc and Vit C?

My Regimen:

Morning:

-Avene Thermal Cleanance Soap-free Cleanser

+ With cold cold icy water!

-Avene Thermal Cleanance Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion

-Organic Makeup from Lush Cosmetics ($13.00 for a tiny pot of it! HOLY %#*)

That's all i do in the morning!

Night:

-Avene Thermal Cleanance Soap-free Cleanser

+ With cold cold icy water!

-Avene Thermal Cleanance Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion

-Avene Thermal Diacneal Skincare Lotion for blemish prone skin. Smooths Skins Surface

+Contains 0.1% Retinaldehyde C.T , Glycolic Acid 6%

MemberMember
(@bumble_b)

Posted : 04/22/2011 6:42 pm

sounds like you might have a fungal infection. you can opt for prescribed pills or topical treatments. you should see a derm first though.

MemberMember
(@rockingredhead)

Posted : 04/22/2011 6:51 pm

I had tons of small bumps like yours all over my forehead. I have found that my solution to them is to take 8-12 flaxseed oil pills daily, and they clear up extremely quickly (like within 2 or 3 days). I wwould have to see pics of your skin but this is all I can offer.

MemberMember
(@nessavenasaur)

Posted : 04/22/2011 10:15 pm

I vote for clogged pores...

I have them too in certain areas and it seems related to how often or how long I leave makeup on. It could be from any of the products you've been using though

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 04/23/2011 2:13 am

sounds like you might have a fungal infection. you can opt for prescribed pills or topical treatments. you should see a derm first though.

I am thinking it might be fungal, but I have not been able to go see a derm, as any derm near me has a waiting list of at least a year. I am going to go to walk in clinic tomorrow, to get a recommendation from my doctor to see a derm whenever possible.

I vote for clogged pores...

I have them too in certain areas and it seems related to how often or how long I leave makeup on. It could be from any of the products you've been using though

Definitely not make-up related, as I went 2 years without wearing make up, and it did not improve at all. May have even worsened if anything.

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 04/23/2011 2:14 am

I had tons of small bumps like yours all over my forehead. I have found that my solution to them is to take 8-12 flaxseed oil pills daily, and they clear up extremely quickly (like within 2 or 3 days). I wwould have to see pics of your skin but this is all I can offer.

I don't reeally need a picture to show it, as my camera would not be able to capture them. They look EXACTLY like goosebumps, but on the face. When squeezed, zit like pus comes out, but not a whole lot. Is this what you had? I will buy some flaxseed oil pills tomorrow. What are the pills ment for anyways?

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 04/25/2011 4:21 pm

Will update more later. I am midst routine video right now. :D

MemberMember
(@sluis717)

Posted : 05/10/2011 2:01 pm

I don't reeally need a picture to show it, as my camera would not be able to capture them. They look EXACTLY like goosebumps, but on the face. When squeezed, zit like pus comes out, but not a whole lot. Is this what you had? I will buy some flaxseed oil pills tomorrow. What are the pills ment for anyways?

Hey pdate please :)

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 05/17/2011 2:00 pm

Hey pdate please :)

So I am continuing with my Avene skincare routine, which I am in LOVE with, as it reduces redness to an extreme. And I got Omega 3-6-9 , which has EPO and Flaxseed in it, and I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and my skin is getting SO much better. :D

Note: I did however , super pick at my face the other night, and now have a ton of zits everywhere, but its been a day, and the omega 3-6-9 and Avene is helping it heal much faster than normal :P

MemberMember
(@karirocksout)

Posted : 05/27/2011 2:22 am

Sounds like hormonal acne to me. Please let me know if the Flax/Omega pills worked as I have this type of acne also!

If you are a lady, you can ask your Dr for Yasmin, or Yaz birthcontrol as it somewhat clears up the skin because it's ingredients have something that blocks excess hormones that will make you breakout.

Also if you are a lady you could have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I highly suggest you look up the symptoms on WebMD as this could be the culprit to the skin condition (as it is the reason mine is so bad).

Let us know if your skin is improving please!

MemberMember
(@ariana-boire)

Posted : 06/27/2011 11:47 pm

Sounds like hormonal acne to me. Please let me know if the Flax/Omega pills worked as I have this type of acne also!

If you are a lady, you can ask your Dr for Yasmin, or Yaz birthcontrol as it somewhat clears up the skin because it's ingredients have something that blocks excess hormones that will make you breakout.

Also if you are a lady you could have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I highly suggest you look up the symptoms on WebMD as this could be the culprit to the skin condition (as it is the reason mine is so bad).

Let us know if your skin is improving please!

I do not have PCOS.

UPDATE:

I stopped using the flaxseed oil pills, and I have noticed my skin is now taking longer to heal, so I believe it was helping. Still continuing with the Avene routine which is slowly working through. I also got advice from a Cosmetologist (they obviously have to study the skin to be one) since derms are so impossible to get in with nowadays, and she said that it may or may not be hormonal, but since I am only 17, we will have to wait and see I guess right?

However, she said the Avene is cleaning from the inside out. SO that being said, it might take longer for my skin to APPEAr that it is clearning, because the avene is not just concealing the problem, its cleaning it from the cause. Which would obviously be under my skin that I cannot see.

NEWWW PRODUCTS!!:

I never exfoliate, due to the fact that it makes my pale skin go CHERRY RED (ahhhh!) So I went to the body shop today, and bought an Aloe Gentle Exfoliator. Just used it. It is wonderful.

Also, I never moisturize so I also bought from the body shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion with SPF15 (summertime guys!). Haven't used it yet, so lets see what ahppens.

Going to take my pills again now! So we'll see what happens. I will CONSTANTLY update this untill I turn 19 to see if it was hormonal acne. And lets pray it was. My brother suggests it looks like a bacteria infection like eczema. Anyone have mild eczema on their face that can tell me what it looks like or send me a picture?

MemberMember
(@niki-2)

Posted : 05/10/2012 1:27 am

This inquiry is a year late.

But are you still using the Avene Diacneal? I know they changed the product to Triacneal now but I am thinking of buying it. I too live on Vancouver Island and I got these small stupid little bumps. Ive done the whole EPO , borage oil, zinc, Vitamin B etc etc.

No luck.

MemberMember
(@carmenlee)

Posted : 01/01/2013 5:30 pm

Hi there,

I am seeing a light when I saw your post. I have no acne problem at all before this, but these tiny bumps come up suddenly just 2 months ago. Not sure whether is fungal infection, or hormonal acne,I am 21 now and should have pass the peak time of puberty right?

Is it what you have please? Thank you.

post-193952-0-47473700-1357079097_thumb. post-193952-0-10550100-1357079280_thumb.

Hi there,

I am seeing a light when I saw your post. I have no acne problem at all before this, but these tiny bumps come up suddenly just 2 months ago. Not sure whether is fungal infection, or hormonal acne,I am 21 now and should have pass the peak time of puberty right?

Is it what you have please? Thank you.

post-193952-0-47473700-1357079097_thumb. post-193952-0-10550100-1357079280_thumb.

post-193952-0-47473700-1357079097_thumb.

post-193952-0-10550100-1357079280_thumb.