Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asiddiq2

Accutane and Birth control

Hey everyone,

I have a couple of questions I would like opinions on. I have been on accutane for almost a month and it's been working pretty well for me with minor side effects, except a few concerns.

First, I saw blood when I wiped after using the bathroom and it was quite painful. I was concerned but only slightly since this has happened to me before starting Accutane. I have seen my doctor a few times and she didn't seem worried and checked out to make sure everything is fine. I am not sure if this is related to Accutane? I am calling my doctor first thing tomorrow but I just need some opinions. I would hate to stop my treatment after going through a lot of hassle.

Second, has anyone had any experience starting birth control/ changing birth control during the course of the treatment? I am abstinent currently but plan on being sexually active in a few months. I know you have to be on birth control for atleast a month before having sex to ensure the bc works. Again, I will discuss this with my doctor but I'd like to know if you guys have nay opinions.

Thanks!