Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonny_5

Month 3 oil production increase??

So i just started month 3 of my course and for some strange reason my face has been pumping out more oil just like before i started my course. I'm so confused because towards the end of month one and all of month 2 my skin dried out and i was happy with that but now my oil production is slowly increasing. Month 1 i was on 40mg and most of month 2 i was on about 60mg and Month 3 i will be on 60mg. Anyone else have a similar situation happen to them?

Edited by Jonny_5

So i just started month 3 of my course and for some strange reason my face has been pumping out more oil just like before i started my course. I'm so confused because towards the end of month one and all of month 2 my skin dried out and i was happy with that but now my oil production is slowly increasing. Month 1 i was on 40mg and most of month 2 i was on about 60mg and Month 3 i will be on 60mg. Anyone else have a similar situation happen to them?

I am only on week 1 of my course, but I'm afraid that I might end up experiencing the same thing as you. My skin is oily to the point of ridiculous. I did a course of Accutane 10 years ago, and while it did clear up my skin, I was still quite oily at the end of the course. I could probably open a small refinery if I wanted to.

Oh gawd, I don't want to hear that! I'm near the end of my second month at 10mg a day and I noticed my face was drying up nicely by week 4 and 5, but then it has become oily again! I see my derm in a week or so and I'm hoping I don't have to increase the dose. I could open a refinery too, it's so revolting. I hope this is just a normal fluctuation. I was so pleased to see the oil decrease, now I'm worried.

Hey! I was curious about the same thing Ive only been on for a week but I have noticed the up and down in oil production.....interesting. Stay positive :) itll get better

Yeah so I just took a shower and while washing my hair there was so much oil just like there used to be before I started my course, it's aggravating me because I don't know how or why the oil is coming back but I want it gone, today my face felt sticky and oily and just awful, also my lips they are not half as chapped as they were when I started my course, I would constantly need chap stick and sure it might sound nice not to have chapped lips but it's making me feel as if my body is getting "used" to this drug and the effects and benefits won't be felt in the long run, I hope not.

thats weird cuz the same thing happened to me and we have the same name

Then don't multi-account.

JOKES

In all seriousness, inform your derms about this development.