Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

Prempro, Menopause & Acne

Im 43 and in the throws of menopause according to my OB and my test results. He has give a script for a low dose of estrogen/progesterone called Prempro. Im so weary to try for fear it will make my already hormonal skin worse. Im dry and my pores are clogged probably from the dry skin. His feeling is the boost to my already low estrogen should help my skin not hurt it..I was hoping to discuss bioidentical hormones but he wouldnt even entertain the thought..He thought it was all nonsense and there was nothing in this world that is "indentical". Anyone going thru menopause or would know if the estrogen/progesterone combo will help or hurt..

anybody out there on estrogen? Im on spironolactone for a year and it hasnt helped or hurt? Im desperate to figure this out and am afraid to start hormone replacement therapy

there has to be some women out there that have tried hormone therapy...anyone pleeeeeze

Im 43 and in the throws of menopause according to my OB and my test results. He has give a script for a low dose of estrogen/progesterone called Prempro. Im so weary to try for fear it will make my already hormonal skin worse. Im dry and my pores are clogged probably from the dry skin. His feeling is the boost to my already low estrogen should help my skin not hurt it..I was hoping to discuss bioidentical hormones but he wouldnt even entertain the thought..He thought it was all nonsense and there was nothing in this world that is "indentical". Anyone going thru menopause or would know if the estrogen/progesterone combo will help or hurt..

Even if your acne remains the same, gets better, or gets worse, I think that overall you'll feel a lot better if you take Prempro. You can avoid quite a bit of the symptoms of menopause with the hormone replacement therapy.

thanks...i've been using my estrogen/progesterone cream from my ob/gyn for several weeks and no improvment in my skin yet...in fact i got some breakouts along my jaw line that i hadnt got in a while..It was either the cream or a reaction to percocet pain meds i was taking for several days..I became itchy all over and woke up to several welt like bumps on my jawline. i went with bioidentical rather than the synthetic prempro...

Heck, I have just gone through menopause. It is a welcome change. I've always hated and resented my periods. So no more of that EVER!!! I got some symptoms, of hot spells, but not the severe stuff I've seen my friends go through. I'm lucky in that respect. But my skin is still full of acne, blackheads, cysts etc. I've just started the saw palmetto to see if it helps with the oiliness and acne. we will see there. I also use a product called acnomel, for both adult acne and rosacea (I have that too, but control it with diet changes), its about the only acne cream that I've found my skin wears well. It is very drying and keeps the oiliness down. I also use corn starch for the shine. I bush it on with a makeup brush.

When i was looking into npc (progest) which is a bio identical hormone I heard women who were menopausal breaking out on it. For some it cleared their skin, others had the opposite effect. People on HRT had the same issues and they needed to play around with their doses of each. I am not menopausal, and never used any of it, though. You need to go to a forum where they discuss menopause. Search the name of your drug + acne etc. Most here aren't menopausal and have never taken HRT and won't be too much help -- i don't think...

What was your Spiro dosage?

Edited by Prettywords