Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jondread

Can anyone recommend a toner please?

I was using ACV as a toner, but I don't think it's getting deep down into my pores enough. So out of impulse at the weekend I bought a new toner by Neutrogena containing the following ingredients;

Aqua. Alcohol Denat. PG-5-Ceteth-20. Glycerin. Salicylic Acid. Menthyl Lactate. Parfum.

I'm no expert on toners but I'm not sure those ingredients are going to do me any good :\ after half a week of using it I've not noticed an improvement, or any worsening. Kinda stayed the same, just a bad aftertaste around my lips.

I mainly struggle with blocked pores and I just need something that's gonna unblock my pores, cleanse deep down, and tighten them up. ACV wasn't really doing that for me and I didn't notice any change after nearly 2 years of using it on and off.

Can anyone recommend a toner that would be suitable for me, I have combination skin, oily in my T Zone, but blocked pores on my cheeks and chin. Would ideally like to be able to get this product in the UK too as I don't really like ordering from the US. Amazon is okay though.

Thanks in advance.

Which Neutrogena toner are you using? I've been using their Pore Refining Toner With AHA & BHA for a while now, and adore it.

Ingredient list:

Water (Purified), SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana), Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance

Which one are you using exactly, cuz you didnt really say.

But I use Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner and I just LOVE it!

It's called Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion... I'm not even sure if I should even be using this as a toner :|