Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sanderella24

Retnoid for a year in half.

You may not even get an 'IB' (I didnt) but logically speaking since your skin is used to a retinoid- in the event that you do go on accutane, its likely that it wont freak out and explode :)

I was on Akamin for a long time before Accutane, and as you've read before, so far I have had terrible break outs.

Don't go into it expecting that you won't get breakouts - because that's what I did and I was sorely let down. Haha.

I had mild to moderate acne - and currently it's moderate to possibly severe. Not cystic though. Just your regular old pimples. But a lot of them!

My right cheek is clear at the moment, I have one or two spots that are healing up. But lefty is like a war zone right now! Pimples have taken over! I have one or two on more forehead - and I never ever got them on my forehead before. Wah :(

I also got a heap of white heads when I also never had a single white head before. So it's tough, you deal with a lot of new things. Mentally it's really hard to, obviously you have a different perception of yourself than anyone else and I always feel like I look like a train wreck, when other people don't even take notice of it.

So yeah, it's tough. And you shouldn't make the mistake of going into it thinking that you'll probably skip the IB or that yours won't be that bad, because chances are it will be.

I'm not saying this to be horrible or anything, but I went into it with the mentality that things would go smoothly and they just haven't and it's taken a big toll on myself mentally and emotionally.

Hm. Well I'm going in hoping for the best and I'm going to be positive. But thank you for your imput I did ask the question. ;-) hhehhe

Anybody following this I've decided to stop asking questions about other peoples experiences. I think it's for the best. Nobody has my body make up. I must remember this If I want to get through this with my sanity. Reading other posts will only put negative ideas into my head = placebo effect = false reality = my reality.

No more reading. If anybody has positive things to say about their tane I'm all ears. ;-)

I did the same thing. Haha. I read heaps of logs and got angry because "why aren't I like that?!" haha.

You just have to take each day as it comes :)

shhh bretard! ;-) I'm going to have a wonderful experience!

But I would like some feedback about what kinda moisturizer you use? I don't want to use cerave or cetephil. I think I might be allergic to something in both of them. BUt I want something heavy duty.

Haha. Sorry! I just don't want anyone to feel the way I did last week, I was so down on myself because of my breakouts.

I use Sorbolene, Pawpaw and Jojoba. Depends on what I feel like at the time. Cetaphil stings my skin! :(

Yeah, that's the problem I have. I can barely use anything without it burning my skin.

I hear olive oil is good too, there's a thread on here about it.

And Pawpaw is great for keeping your skin from flaking, the only problem is that it's very greasy looking!

Don't you hate that?! When you hear something's really good, so you go out and buy it and it's just not good.

There's this stuff called Bag Balm which you can get in the US, it's meant to be really good for your dry cracked lips, and you can also use it on your skin.

If you can get pawpaw over there too, get that. I use it every day and it's amazing. It's really good for the eczema you'll no doubt get.

I just spent 30 mins at least removing dead skin by rubbing it off. I can't stand anymore harsh stuff to my face. This is just a never ending battle. I just peeled the same way last sat. IT's impossible.

Does Retnoid make your skin dry?

Scrubbing it probably isn't the best thing to do, you don't want to harm your skin anymore.

You know what else works really well? Sorbolene with Vitamin E. And I have extremely sensitive skin so I can't use a whole lot, but this stuff is all natural and doesn't sting or burn.

Cass, if you're going on Accutane soon anyway, why not just stop the topicals right now? Evidently they havn't been very successful for clearing your acne.

The irritation and dryness will only be worse on Accutane; it's best to start with a "clean slate".

Edited by biggs881

You called me "cass" I like that. My friends and Fam call me that. I wish I could biiggs! If I don't use it I break out in these cysts. And I'm only using it 3 times a week now. I seriously don't know what to do.