Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrjarjarbinks77

how do you deal with black heads?

Any remedy? Anything from holistic nutrition, topical or other you guys recommend? I find both differin & Clindoxel gel or clindets all cause flaky skin but, do very little for black heads. I never pick or squeeze but, my nose gets disgusting that I almost have too. I wash with warm water but, talking to people, and you got like black heads ontop of black heads is ugly. I found proactive is good but, again, useless for acne that is cystic and or black head. Light acne its useful. Not sure for stronger BP. Tips, advice, appreciated.

I have tried those pore strips, and they work, but in like a week the black heads are back.

I've also used a comedone extractor which basically just squeezes the blackheads out. Again, it works, but in a week or so they're back. I get so tired of having to extract the little suckers that I just end up covering them up with makeup most of the time.

:think: If there's a better way, I'd love to hear it. :)

I have tried those pore strips, and they work, but in like a week the black heads are back.

I've also used a comedone extractor which basically just squeezes the blackheads out. Again, it works, but in a week or so they're back. I get so tired of having to extract the little suckers that I just end up covering them up with makeup most of the time.

:think: If there's a better way, I'd love to hear it. :)

Yeah, I seen the commercial for "pons?" or something? Where can you buy that item? I thought they removed it. It was a strip, you put on your nose, and then, it took it away. Its gross. I never squeeze except my nose it it gets disgusting. Its very upsetting. I hope your under control with this stuff and everything else. Thank you.

For me, blackheads appear if my skin is congested from the products I use. I genetically have somewhat large pores, so when I wear sunscreen, the sunscreen powder in the product often clogs my pores. I find that the most effective way to get rid of them is to just pick them out and try to cleanse my skin well.

I try to get rid of my blackheads gently and often. If you are gentle, you will be less likely to rip your skin and leave a boo-boo. And if you do it often, the blackheads are usually fairly small and shallow, so you will most likely not need to apply too much force. I have a few ways of doing this to avoid mishaps.

After a hot steamy shower, I wrap my fingers with toilet paper (cheap and it's right in the bathroom) like a finger glove: 2 or 3 squares for each finger. I just go around my nose area and get all those suckers out. Then I wash my face again.

I sometimes get blackheads on my skin near the side of the nose. These are the worse! They are really difficult to pick out because the location is soo awkward. So I use my Warming Mineral Mask from The Body Shop. I apply a generous layer on my dry face after a shower and massage the product into my face for an entire minute. Then I wait about 10 minutes for the mask to do its thing. Afterwards, I wash off the mask. For me, this mask actually softens the blackheads in that area and I can just scrape the blackheads off gently with a clean fingernail.

I'm not too crazy about the strips in general, because in the end, they end up being kind of pricey and they don't always get all the blackheads. I just end up picking them out and I haven't had any issues with doing it so.

Edited by bumble_B

For me, blackheads appear if my skin is congested from the products I use. I genetically have somewhat large pores, so when I wear sunscreen, the sunscreen powder in the product often clogs my pores. I find that the most effective way to get rid of them is to just pick them out and try to cleanse my skin well.

I try to get rid of my blackheads gently and often. If you are gentle, you will be less likely to rip your skin and leave a boo-boo. And if you do it often, the blackheads are usually fairly small and shallow, so you will most likely not need to apply too much force. I have a few ways of doing this to avoid mishaps.

After a hot steamy shower, I wrap my fingers with toilet paper (cheap and it's right in the bathroom) like a finger glove: 2 or 3 squares for each finger. I just go around my nose area and get all those suckers out. Then I wash my face again.

I sometimes get blackheads on my skin near the side of the nose. These are the worse! They are really difficult to pick out because the location is soo awkward. So I use my Warming Mineral Mask from The Body Shop. I apply a generous layer on my dry face after a shower and massage the product into my face for an entire minute. Then I wait about 10 minutes for the mask to do its thing. Afterwards, I wash off the mask. For me, this mask actually softens the blackheads in that area and I can just scrape the blackheads off gently with a clean fingernail.

I'm not too crazy about the strips in general, because in the end, they end up being kind of pricey and they don't always get all the blackheads. I just end up picking them out and I haven't had any issues with doing it so.

Well, I may look into a face mask but, I am not happy with putting stuff of any kind on my skin. I imagine any more products will age my skin. Its not making me happy nor is going out with massive amounts of black heads. I never squeeze but, my nose is full of black heads. After a couple of weeks, it gets fucking disgusting. Something needs to be done about it. What are the strips called again? I will look into organic face mask products but, I am scared it will cause a breakout so, I may only use it on my nose.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask helps to wash away blackheads and on the plus side it doesn't have a bunch of nasty chemicals in it.

Guest Timehealsall

im not sure if i have blackheads, but my blackheads seem to be easily rubbed off?

For example, if i take a hot shower, and i rub my nose in a circular direction with my fingers (not nails), these blackheads come off my nose. They refill a few days later...

Have you tried mandelic acid? I know you say you don't like putting chemicals on your skin, believe me, neither do I! I just got a bit desperate... but before you completely reject it, it's made from almonds and is totally organic. But yes, there's no denying it's still an acid.

I've only been using it for about 2 weeks every other night but I have noticed a drastic change in the amount of blackheads and raised comedones already. It makes my skin so soft as well and has already started fading my PIH scars. It's a chemical exfoliant so it gets right down into your pores and exfoliates from the inside out. It's very similar to salicylic acid but it's better for sensitive and darker skin as it's more gentle. It's also antibacterial and a natural antibiotic so it's also really good for pustles and papules. The only downside I've found with it is peeling. I think this may be due to me trying it out two nights running though. They say introduce it slowly every other night, and then if you need it, up the dosage. I just thought I'd give it a go every night to see if it works faster, but less is defintely more. The morning after my entire face was peeling. It wasn't sore or red, and it wasn't serious, it was just really rather flaky. It's a common side effect but when it happens just have a couple of days off until it gets back to normal. If it does make you peel, manual exfoliation and moisturiser should do the job.

If you're from the US I read a lot of good reviews about Nucelle and Garden of Wisdom but if you're from the UK like me, try Ishtar Skinlights. I think it's the only supplier in the UK but it's good stuff. I'm using the 10% one but they also do it in 5% and 15% as well as a cleanser and toner.

Other people may have better recommendations that aren't so chemical based but this is just a suggestion that I've had success with. It you give it a try, I hope it helps :)

Edited by Holly137

Black heads are extemely hard to completely get rid of. Chemical exfoliation, products that increase skin cell turnover, b-5 supplements(supposedly), diet fixes, and tons of other stuff have been linked ot helping.

I personally really liked getting regular facial extractions, not done by a salon! My face was steamed, they applied an enzyme peel, then did extractions in what I feel is a safe way by a cosmetic clinic.

Tons of people have blackheads, but most of the time you can only see when you're up close...so I don't think they're the most terrible thing in the world.

Clay masks have never helped suck out blackheads for me. I use Aztec healing clay to dry out pimples, and I just bought Queen Helene's mint julep mask specifically because it has sulfur and zinc in it( for pimples).

I have done salicylic,glycolic, and TCA peels at home with TCA and salicylic being most effective for me personally.

I haven't got facials or peels done in a while, as my new skincare regimen seems to be working great. After a bit of using Mychelle's acne serum my blackheads on my inner cheeks actually pushed themselves out and I haven't seen any at all recently except on my nose.

I have lots of tiny black heads. They are not noticeable and hard to get rid of. Sometimes I confuse them with moles and that's the worst part.

Nowadays I've started treating my skin with exfoliant, scruber, toner and moisturizer. I'll see what results I might get.

Guest Timehealsall
Black heads are extemely hard to completely get rid of. Chemical exfoliation, products that increase skin cell turnover, b-5 supplements(supposedly), diet fixes, and tons of other stuff have been linked ot helping.

I personally really liked getting regular facial extractions, not done by a salon! My face was steamed, they applied an enzyme peel, then did extractions in what I feel is a safe way by a cosmetic clinic.

Tons of people have blackheads, but most of the time you can only see when you're up close...so I don't think they're the most terrible thing in the world.

Clay masks have never helped suck out blackheads for me. I use Aztec healing clay to dry out pimples, and I just bought Queen Helene's mint julep mask specifically because it has sulfur and zinc in it( for pimples).

I have done salicylic,glycolic, and TCA peels at home with TCA and salicylic being most effective for me personally.

I haven't got facials or peels done in a while, as my new skincare regimen seems to be working great. After a bit of using Mychelle's acne serum my blackheads on my inner cheeks actually pushed themselves out and I haven't seen any at all recently except on my nose.

just curious, but have you ever gone to a salon for a facial? I remember 5 years ago i did (mom forced me to), and they extracted a shit ton of stuff. Maybe thats how i got some of my scarred pores?

Something anyone with blackheads should try is the AVON Clearskin Blackhead Eliminating Regimen. Many acne/blemish/blackhead products are very expensive because the companies know how hard people try to get rid of acne/blemishes/blackheads and how desperate they get. If you buy all three products in the regimen, the Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser, Astringent, and Deep Treatment Mask, you will only pay $15.47. Another usefull tool is their Dual Ended Blackhead Remover (the other side is for whiteheads), which only costs 99 cents with any Clearskin purchase.

To order visit youravon.com/tstandley, click Shop Now, and search blackhead

Over the past year or so, my face (especially my right cheek) is riddled with blackheads. I bought that extractor tool from Avon, and I extracted so much gunk from my pores. It was amazing. My skin was smooth and looked nice.

Until about 3 days later.

I noticed little marks popping up where I used the extractor. By the end of the week, my face was so discolored with tons of dark brown spots. It took about 2 months for them to completely fade.

I think I will try that Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, hopefully that will help!