Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michee91

What is wrong with my acne?!

I have heard so many people tell me that taking Accutane once should get rid of all the acne or at least help it to not be so severe again. I took Accutane about 5 years ago and after I got off it, my skin was usually fine. I would get acne here and there but it definitely wasn't as severe as before. A couple years later... about two years, I started to get SEVERE ACNE AGAIN. Two times worse than the first time. So of course, my dermatologist told me to take Accutane again. Now, I've been off it for about 4 months now and recently my acne has been coming back. They're not cysts but I have white heads around my T-zone area (forehead, around my nose, and chin). I do not want to believe that my acne is coming back after being on Accutane TWICE. I really don't know why my skin is acting like this... I have decided to make another dermatologist visit soon. I cannot even imagine taking Accutane for the third time...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Michelle

Just because your oil is returning that doesn't mean your acne will too, but occasionally people do 3 or more courses of Accutane to stay clear.

If your acne does come back, have you tried hormonal approaches to treating your acne such as BCP or spironolactone since you're a girl?

Edited by biggs881

Since accutane didn't help you, why don't you look into your diet instead? Alter what you eat may help more than taking pills.