Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyssgirl

Does anyone else have this issue?

I could get the tinyist little whitehead, and it will leave a mark in its place for weeks. I have marks that have lasted many months? and I dont even have inflamed acne. My face is fairly pale which shows every red dot...but I exfoliate..mask..and just started using lactic acid. AND I have had a professional medium depth peel! It is devastating for me to look in the mirror in the sunlight without makeup on. What happened to when I was younger and the marks would be gone in like a week? Will my skin EVER be one color again? Im starting to doubt this...

I know exactly how you feel! I used to pick pretty badly but even when I don't really pick, the marks are still brighter than ever and never seem to go away. I know they've improved drastically but it takes months for them to go away on their own. It is so aggravating. Right now I'm using a Vitamin A cream. I hope that will help but sometimes I just want to give up. I don't have any acne whatsoever since Accutane took care of that, but there are definitely some spots that need to be faded. In the summer, it won't be noticeable since I tan very easily. They only show more because my skin is very fair during the winter. Just seeing the marks is extremely upsetting since the acne is gone. The marks are constant reminders of the issues that I had in the past.

All marks will eventually fade over time. Sometimes it can take a year or even more, but they'll fade. I exfoliate daily and that definitely helps fade mine faster. Also chemical peels may help.

I know exactly how you feel! I used to pick pretty badly but even when I don't really pick, the marks are still brighter than ever and never seem to go away. I know they've improved drastically but it takes months for them to go away on their own. It is so aggravating. Right now I'm using a Vitamin A cream. I hope that will help but sometimes I just want to give up. I don't have any acne whatsoever since Accutane took care of that, but there are definitely some spots that need to be faded. In the summer, it won't be noticeable since I tan very easily. They only show more because my skin is very fair during the winter. Just seeing the marks is extremely upsetting since the acne is gone. The marks are constant reminders of the issues that I had in the past.

Ya I tan very easily as well! but I try to cover my face in the sun because I thought that prolongs them? but I am really considering tanning a lot more because it makes sense for the marks to be less noticeable if my face is darker!

All marks will eventually fade over time. Sometimes it can take a year or even more, but they'll fade. I exfoliate daily and that definitely helps fade mine faster. Also chemical peels may help.

I exfoliate daily too, but there still there :( I have also had 3 chemical peels. I think my skin has a healing issue... :(

Ya I tan very easily as well! but I try to cover my face in the sun because I thought that prolongs them? but I am really considering tanning a lot more because it makes sense for the marks to be less noticeable if my face is darker!

Yeah, I've heard that tanning can darken your spots. My marks in the final stages of healing so most of them are not that bright red anymore. A tan really helps to even everything out and I naturally tan pretty easily. I don't burn whatsoever. Tanning is a temporary fix.