Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

Scrub my face with green tea....

Okay, so this may sound stupid, but I want to open a bag of green tea and use it in my new Clairsonic Mia to wash my face....

I've been doing some research, and it turns out that DHT (dihydrogentestatrone...sp?) is the andrgoen that binds to the receptors on the sabaesous gland, causing the gland to over produce oil. Block the DHT...Block the over production of oil....Stop the acne. Your getting the root of the problem. I used to think that you could only do this internally, but I found one product that makes DHT as a topical. But... because I just invested a lod of cash in the clairsonic, I'm not too keen on buying another product. So I'll go the natural way and try the green tea as a topical first. Any thoughts on this...Am I off in left field somewhere?

Yeah it sounds like just using the leaves from the pack as they are would just scratch up your face.

Green tea is known to be a great antioxidant, and a lot of people (myself included) drink it daily.

Also a lot of people use it topically on their face, as Ashley already said.

If you are set on using the leaves I'd grind them down like Ashley suggested.

It is really ground up inside the packet.

I tried it last night.

I was extremely inpressed...I don't know if it's my imagination but after only one time, I saw a lot of improvement. Like overall, my skin color looked more uniform. It didn't dry my skin at all. It felt fresh and even my mom made a comment like "You're skin looks really good. it must be the clairsonic..." I didn't tell her about the green tea. It's kind of messy, but I think from now I'm gonna wash my face with green tea, and then use the BP lotion and see how it goes.

I'd recommend that you not use it daily just yet. For instance, I found that I can scrub with a washcloth for about 2-3 days in a row before I start feeling irritation and dryness. But either way, it would probably be best to not use it every day until you've tried it out for a while and see how your skin likes it.

And since it would be a bit messy (I assume some stuff might fall off, might clog the sink, etc), have you considered matcha green tea powder? It's apparently filled with more antioxidants, and would not really be scratchy.

It's better than any BP treatment I've used.. I think my skin is responding very well to it. It's causing absolutely no irritation.

But you're right, it is very messy. I literally don't have the money to buy matcha green tea powder or anything else. I can only use what I have in my house, literally. So this is going to have to suffice for now.

It's better than any BP treatment I've used.. I think my skin is responding very well to it. It's causing absolutely no irritation.

But you're right, it is very messy. I literally don't have the money to buy matcha green tea powder or anything else. I can only use what I have in my house, literally. So this is going to have to suffice for now.

That's alright. I'm all for the food treatment! :)

Keep us posted on how it's going!

I'd recommend that you not use it daily just yet. For instance, I found that I can scrub with a washcloth for about 2-3 days in a row before I start feeling irritation and dryness. But either way, it would probably be best to not use it every day until you've tried it out for a while and see how your skin likes it.

And since it would be a bit messy (I assume some stuff might fall off, might clog the sink, etc), have you considered matcha green tea powder? It's apparently filled with more antioxidants, and would not really be scratchy.

Gina1234, did the topical green tea help u finally? How often do u use it? And what brand are u using it?