Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i get red marks after EVERY zit i get it sucks :cry: should i exfoliate my skin daily to help remove them? IDK it makes sense to me... im on accutane BTW.

Edited by Acnesucks33

Normally you would exfoliate a few times a week but keep in mind that your skin gets dry after that. You're on accutane so you have to be careful. I wouldn't personally recommend doing anything else with your skin while you're on accutane as your skin will be dry/irritated enough, but that's just my opinion.

Exfoliating removes the top layer of skin, but new skin doesnt form 2-3 times a week. So exfoliating harshly on the face 2-3 times a week wont help if not make it worse.

I suggest using a washcloth with your cleanser, an enzyme exfoliator (expensive) or exfolate with lemons (but moisturize) 2-3 times a week instead of using abrasive products.

However... exfoliating other parts of the body daily (brush, loofa, etc.) is very crucial since the skin is tougher and holds on to more sweat and bacteria.

This will help your scars fade naturally but without acid peels/retin A, the fading will not happen quickly. Try a AHA lotion or retin A to speed it up.