Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missj0064

Ashley's Accutane Experience

Hey Guys and Welcome to my Journey

I have stuggled with Acne for most of my life and as a result I have been on almost every medication known to man, some worked for a while and many didnt work at all. At one point my bathroom couldve been mistaken for a isle at wal-mart. I am 24 years old and although I was nervous about starting Accutane (Amnesteem), I weighed my options and decided to give it the go ahead. I havent really noticed any side effects besides my lips and nails being dryer than normal along with a little fatigue. I would love any feed back or suggesstions as I go along. Has anyone had any problems with skin irritation and exercise? I gave myself a break this week but plan on starting this week. Since Ive started I havent had very many new pimples, but today I did have a new white head but it was really small. I will try to post some pics by the end of the week!

Happy Wednesday

Has anyone had any issues with exercise ? Im also thinking about starting a you tube series regarding my experiences. I will keep you guys posted

Lol so since Ive beeen at work I think the IB has started "AHHHHHHHH". I have gotten several new actives. I guess its only week one. I hate acne :(

Good luck girl! I'm starting in a month! it's going to be life changing for me. I'm trying to stay positive. I've had acne on and off since I was 13. So over it.

Good luck girl! I'm starting in a month! it's going to be life changing for me. I'm trying to stay positive. I've had acne on and off since I was 13. So over it.

Congrats, I know your excited! Im happy to have someone start around the same time :)

Today makes a full week :dance:

Nothing much has changed except for my eyes seem to be really tired and I have a headache. Today was kind of stressful so I wonder if that it playing a part. The good thing is that I didnt have to work today so I can take it easy.

Good luck to you on your course... You have started out on a really high dose - if I read correctly, its 80 mg...

So you should be seeing results (both good and bad - bad in terms of the initial IB, which you don't necessarily have to get) pretty soon!

Good luck to you on your course... You have started out on a really high dose - if I read correctly, its 80 mg...

So you should be seeing results (both good and bad - bad in terms of the initial IB, which you don't necessarily have to get) pretty soon!

Yeah, its 80 mg. So far I think I am getting the IB right now. Thanks for the encouragement, I really need it on days like today

Hey miss is your skin really oily prior to accutane?

Yes my skin was very very very oily prior. The oil production has slowed greatly, but its still there. Ill keep you posted as time goes on.

OAN: I guess I needed a nap. Im waiting for my dinner to get finished so that I can take my pm dose. I took some over the counter pain meds for the head and body aches earlier which helped.

Day 8

Today I am very very tired, and my eyes were sensitive to the sun. My problems areas seem to be getting worse, I guess this is the IB. I tired to go outside for a little bit today and my eyes hurt really bad, Lesson learned. Im going to try and get a little extra rest tonight. :)

Day 8

Today I am very very tired, and my eyes were sensitive to the sun. My problems areas seem to be getting worse, I guess this is the IB. I tired to go outside for a little bit today and my eyes hurt really bad, Lesson learned. Im going to try and get a little extra rest tonight. :)

Hi Ashley- What kind of exercise do you do? For the most part I run or if feeling lazy go to the gym. I haven't noticed any effect accutane has had on my running. My legs ache at times but I have no idea if it's from accutane or just from running because I had them prior to starting my course. If anything, I think running/exercise helps alieviate joint pain since i'm constantly stretching out my body.

I just make sure to put on suncreen before going outside :cool:

Day 8

Hi Ashley- What kind of exercise do you do? For the most part I run or if feeling lazy go to the gym. I haven't noticed any effect accutane has had on my running. My legs ache at times but I have no idea if it's from accutane or just from running because I had them prior to starting my course. If anything, I think running/exercise helps alieviate joint pain since i'm constantly stretching out my body.

I just make sure to put on suncreen before going outside :cool:

Hey! thanks for reading, I will be back in the gym on monday. I was trying to give my body a week to get used to the meds, but I will start to add the exercise back into my routine.

Edited by missj0064

Hey Guys and Happy Easter-

I just wanted to upate you guys before I went to dinner. Everything is going good today, but I am feelinga little discouraged because I feel like I am going backwards :( I know its only been a week ( ill say it before anyone else does :boohoo: ) but my skin is oily again and the break outs are back. Trying to stay confident and hopeful ! Enjoy your sunday guys

I am also in the process of uploading my weekly youtube video. Ill post the link later :)

post-149132-1303670376_thumb.jpg

post-149132-1303670394_thumb.jpg

post-149132-1303670376_thumb.jpg

post-149132-1303670394_thumb.jpg

Day 11

:doubt:

Hey Guys-

Today is day 11 and I am not feeling that great. I woke up feeling really "blah", Im not sure if its because of going back to work after a long weekend or stress. Its the end of the semester and I am sooooo ready for a break. I also had tried a different type of yogurt today today and my stomach has been hurting and Ive been feeling gassy. I dont know if I will be trying this yogurt again. I also started spotting a little today, which is not normal for me. Today overall just isnt a great day. My problem areas (mouth area and cheeks) has dried out alot more. Side effects or different variables, I am not sure but I will keep those reading posted.

Dont be afraid to say HEY!

Hey!

Today was a much better day. I drank alot of water and feel better. I think the Cetaphil facial lotion is making my face oily. No problems today, I was nervous yesterday. :)

hey girl. i need to give you support. you are going thru the initial break out but please do not lose hope. my initial break out was horrible and now two months in my skin has a zit or two. and im so happy with my results so far. just continue to keep your head up high. you are beautiful and dont tell yourself different. that gorgeous skin is ready to bloom and you will love it so please do not lose hope. there will be the ups and downs but we will all be here to help you thru that. best of luck.

michael.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Not alot has changed. My skin seems to be smoothing out on the right side of my mouth but the left side still seems to be really intense. Im hoping everything clears up soon. Maybe my body is getting used to the medicine? I dunno. I dont have any side effects besides dry lips which is a good thing. Ive gone through alot of aquaphor this week. Hope all is well to those reading :)

Looking good girl looking good. May I ask how oily were you before tane?

I was really oily. Funny thing is that now Im not as oily but the shine is still there. i havent been wearing makeup which is relly hard. thanks for checking on me! Have you started accutane yet?

Happy Sunday Everyone :)

Going into my 3rd week

Not too much going on around here just watching tv and relaxing today, Ive been so tired and almost fell asleep in church lol. Anyway, my face still seems to be the same and the side effects have been really minimal. The body aches are pretty much gone, Im only having dry lips, fatigue and really really dry hair.

Im going to start going back to the gym tomorrow, I'll post if the body aches return.

Have a good day!

Edited by missj0064