Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpchicken

Superfoods and Internal Cleansing

Hey all

but, I was just wondering your opinion on drinking superfoods? I've heard they are beneficial to your health such as antioxidants and have nothign harmful for your body. They are a bit expensive so I just wanted to get your opinion on them before trying to buy the powder. Should I start drinking them? if so, which type? I've heard good thigns about Miracle Greens.

I've also heard its good to do an inside cleansing, and heard good things about using 4CLeanse Part 1 and 2 (Which apparently has nothing to irritate the colon, but is all natural) together for around a month to help balance out ur internal system, is this a good idea? Will it help, speed up the getting clear period, or is it unecessesary?

Thanks

Most vegetables and some fruits can be considered ‘superfoods’ based on criteria I have seen in health food stores, and they don’t have to be really expensive either!

One glaring problem with ‘superfoods’ is that they are usually in a processed form (powders, juices, pills, etc). Whole fresh food always triumphs over processed. The cost of some of these supplements is a little fishy as well.

If you eat a varied diet with plenty of fresh veggies and fruits, you shouldn’t have to be concerned about ‘superfoods’. Try to eat with the seasons as well to get the most out of your produce.

If you still are interested in a superfood supplement, be sure to do your research. Acai, which is a popular ‘superfood’ is often said to have a extremely high level of antioxidants, measured as ORAC units. With fresh Acai, you can get over 5,000 ORAC units.

Did you know you can get over 10,000 ORAC units in a single black plum? All of a sudden, Acai doesn’t seem to be worth its weight. Its not that Acai itself is bad. I’m sure it is very healthy. Companies use the exoticness of certain fruits and vegetables to charge more for something that is considered the equivalent of an apple on another continent.

If your diet consists of lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you won’t need to eat a superfood.

Superfoods are broccoli, cabbage, kale, romaine, berries, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, salmon, sardines, etc. Real food. Most are not expensive at all.

Yeah, don't waste your money on any of the gimmicky stuff. As others have said, superfoods (*not to mention cleansing) can be simple. Fruits and vegetables. A simple juice or water fast to cleanse and rest your system. I spent years doing more complicated cleanses, and spending a lot of money, and I don't know if anything has ever given me the results of a simple juice fast and or liver flush. Both are cheap (or at least, juice fasting isn't much more expensive than eating a normal diet).

9 times out of 10, when I spent a lot of money on something, it produced little to no noticeable results.

Guest pokemonster

hey alternativista, can u plz tell: if u eat alot and mainly broccoli & celery sticks, do u still need other greens as well or is it ok to have others ones just sometimes as long as u get broccoli every day and celery sticks, but celery sticks less often than broccoli?? basically is it ok to mainly have just broccoli as your greens? :/

Broccoli isn't a "green".... it's a veggie. So when people refer to "greens" they are not talking about broccoli but more things like kale, collard greens, mustard greens, etc.

You need both vegetables and greens in your diet. Of a variety. So no, broccoli would not be enough. You never want to eat only one type of fruit or veggie.

Variety, variety, variety is key.

Guest pokemonster

ok thnx for clearing up that buut..well ive heard kale being awasome for u etc but that and other ones u mentioned we dont even have in our country pft or very limitedly and rarely >_> aand from whats available, wouldnt at least rotation of those (mostly): celery sticks, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, be enough for greens part? :/

ok thnx for clearing up that buut..well ive heard kale being awasome for u etc but that and other ones u mentioned we dont even have in our country pft or very limitedly and rarely >_> aand from whats available, wouldnt at least rotation of those (mostly): celery sticks, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, be enough for greens part? :/

Broccoli counts. It is from the same family (brassica) and has mostly the same nutrients and benefits. It was just cultivated to have more developed flowering part while other members of the family were cultivated for their leaves.

But still, variety is best and cabbage, spinach and broccoli are certainly among the best foods you can eat. It depends on what kind of lettuce you are talking about. Iceberg is pretty near empty calories, but most other lettuces, romaine for example, are good. Celery doesn't have that much nutritional value.

Edited by alternativista

Celery is great for juicing though. It doesn't have a lot of nutrition as far as calories and what not but it has a great balance of electrolytes. Celery+ pineapple juice is my post workout "gatorade". :)

Guest pokemonster

wokay thnx ppl! ^

*adds electrolytes to -to google stuff- list* :confused: