Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RyanB516

Neck Acne help!

Hello all,

I have been struggling with acne pretty much since I was 13. It started on my forehead, then moved down to my cheeks, and around my mouth. Now the acne has migrated to my neck...

I really don't have any pimples on my face anymore maybe for the occasional tiny one on my chin, but lately my neck has been going crazy!

I am 23 years old and I live in Michigan, out weather has been wonky and cold lately and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

I have been to the dermatologist many times now and they have prescribed me a couple things so far. The first round they gave me Epiduo gel, and minocycline for my face and it worked wonders! I had to eventually stop taking the minocycline due to IBS issues and generally feeling cruddy. This last time I went they gave me bactrim. I have been taking the bactrim for 3 months now and have been getting worse every time I take it. It also makes me feel cloudy, dizzy, and not with it. So I have stopped taking the bactrim and have a dermatologist appointment next Wednesday.

Things Ive also tried include changing pillow cases, using dye free detergents, tea tree oil, aspirin, BP creams. I am starting to run out of ideas.

My sisters wedding is on May 7th and I would like my neck to be cleared (wishful thinking I know) I have to wear a collar at work and I think its bothering my neck something fierce. I am also worried I might have some sort of infection from taking the bactrim for so long.

Sorry for the long post...kind of venting I guess. Anyone have any tips for what I could use on my neck to get rid of these pimples!?

Thanks-

Ryan.