Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TIN7

Sugar Free Sweets...

Are these still a no-no? Obviously no sugar is good but are they laced with other bad stuff to make up for the lack of sugar?

I think it depends on what you're eating. You've got to read the ingredient label and decide if you want to eat whatever else is in there.

Personally I don't eat anything "sugar-free" because I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, not even Stevia, so I don't know of any brands to recommend or anything.

What I can recommend is making your own sweet treats :) There are a lot of great recipes to be found here for instance.

I like to make sweet treats with things like honey, dates, coconut/palm sugar or nothing at all.

I think it depends on what you're eating. You've got to read the ingredient label and decide if you want to eat whatever else is in there.

Personally I don't eat anything "sugar-free" because I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, not even Stevia, so I don't know of any brands to recommend or anything.

What I can recommend is making your own sweet treats :) There are a lot of great recipes to be found here for instance.

I like to make sweet treats with things like honey, dates, coconut/palm sugar or nothing at all.

Just a little anecdote, Stevia is not artificial.

Not sure if you were implying you don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners including Stevia or artificial sweeteners or Stevia.

Yeah I meant it to mean that I don't like artificial sweeteners, and not even Stevia, which although is not an artificial sweetener, is an alternative to sugar.

They leave a funny taste in my mouth that is not enjoyable at all.

To the OP, I bet if you wean yourself off of sweet things, be it artificial or not, you'll find you don't want it anymore. It's kind of amazing actually.

Sugar-free sweets often have cancer causing chemicals in them, so if you really want sweets that bad just eat something with actual sugar. Or Stevia, but that's kind of hard to find.

I eat fruits instead of sweets. They have their own sugar that is better for you and just as satisfying :]

Sugar-free sweets often have cancer causing chemicals in them, so if you really want sweets that bad just eat something with actual sugar. Or Stevia, but that's kind of hard to find.

I eat fruits instead of sweets. They have their own sugar that is better for you and just as satisfying :]

Not cancer-causing. Not necessarily. Chemicals that have been linked to cancer, yes. But correlation does not equal causation.

Alot of sugar free sweets (as in actual boiled sweets or gummy bears etc) contain sugar alcohols like maltitol in them, which dont have the same blood spiking effect of sugar, but the reason for this is because they are really really hard to digest, so instead of blood sugar spikes, you'll just get some badass toilet problems