Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koolaid2

Need advice (pics included)

Hi all,

After years of not taking my shirt off I'd really like to take the plunge this summer seeing as accutane cleared up my acne. Sadly on my back and chest there are some scars which are still acting as a mental barrier for my self-confidence.

Could anyone give me some tips as to how I can treat these? Would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pics to show what the problem is, I just started going to the gym.. so please excuse my skimpy physique :whistle::D

Thanks!

koolaid2

post-108711-1303314824_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314867_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314890_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314914_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314824_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314867_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314890_thumb.jpg

post-108711-1303314914_thumb.jpg

Edited by koolaid2

I have the same thing! Except my hypertrophic scar was in the center of the chest. I went to my derm and he literally scrapped the thing off. As it healed, it seemed to be healing the same way as it started-red & raised. So I went to a plastic surgeon and he injected a steriod into it. It isn't perfect now-but it is MUCH flatter than the orginal scar. Perhaps you can try that!

I'm hopeful that with possibly another injection and maybe some laser to treat the redness the fucker will be gone.

& to be perfectly honest, if I saw you swimming I wouldn't even take a second look at your scars. (Not because I have the same one..just because they REALLY aren't that bad)

Which probably sounds weird because I'm going nuts over one scar, but really I'm being honest. I hope you feel comfortable enough to go swimming, it's a terrible thing to be held back because of your scar.

Best of wishes!!!! & with time your scars will get better.

Those are keloid/hypertrophic scars. I have like 30 of them on my chest and shoulders. It's the worst.

These types of scars are the hardest to treat.

Go to a derm. They will first want to inject them with steroids. Usually this will flatten them. Then if they are still red, you can get treatments of pulsed dye laser.

I have the same thing as you. I have had probably about 8 scars treated with kenalog injections 1 time and I would say half are gone. I got laser done for the coloring/redness. With another round of kenlog and laser on the ones that were still not flat, all are flat now but one. The one that I still have is very stubborn. But I think that is what you should do. My insurance even covers the kenalog but not the laser. Im pretty happy with the scars now all are flat but one. The v-beam is specifically for redness.

They say the v-beam can also help flatten the scars but I haven't really seen that happen in my treatments