Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SanFrans

My $4.99 Success story

To give you some background Ive been on Accutane twice, almost every topical or antibiotic, and Dans Regime for a few years. I have moderate acne.

I was reading in a magazine about how Eva Longoria used a mask once a week of used coffee grounds, lemon juice and olive oil and thought i would give it a try. I noticed my skin was a bit clearer after the first week of doing it once. Ive done most of the hollistic/natural stuff on this board before and narrowed the sucess to the olive oil.

Since then Ive been putting olive oil on in the shower after washing my face with Cetaphil. I rub it in for about a minute and then put my face under the stream of water to get some off. Since ive done it ive gotten about 99% clear. I would always use moisturizer every day and night before but I think that my skin was still really dry.

Now im just working out how much and how often to put the olive oil on my face so its not extra oily but every 2-3 days works so far. Ive been doing it for about 2 months now and am so happy.

Edited by SanFrans

So do you just do the olive oil or the coffe grounds/lemon juice too?

For now I just put about a quarter size amount of Virgin Olive Oil on my face in the mornings and wash off the excess

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It is a huge hit or miss...and usually seems to be a miss. Even just using olive oil cold processed soap on my face breaks me out. Glad you've got a cheap fix that works for you, though. That's great!

I put on SPF moisturizer during mist days because I'm in SoCal.

I used Dans Jojoba oil and it made me break out a bit and was stickier than olive oil on my skin.I guess whatever works

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

there si actually some science that backs this up, ill have top look for it. from the top of my head there is something in the nature of the sebum compostion that is missing in acne patients, but is in olive oil, so topical olive oil may have some benefits for acne. there may also be some antibacterial actions of olive oil as well.

glad it is helping you.

there si actually some science that backs this up, ill have top look for it. from the top of my head there is something in the nature of the sebum compostion that is missing in acne patients, but is in olive oil, so topical olive oil may have some benefits for acne. there may also be some antibacterial actions of olive oil as well.

Squalene and linoleic acid. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2637530

I use olive oil topically every day plus be sure to consume a couple tablespoons worth by pouring over veggies and soup. I use it as a moisturizer as well occasionally oil cleansing when I have makeup to remove. I don't use any cleansers. My olive oil isn't $4.99 though. I usually buy a very good Virgin olive oil from California which I also use in cooking/eating. I mix with grapeseed oil from the same California company for topical use.

Tip, apply with wet fingers or to wet skin to help you apply a thin, light layer of oil.

Edited by alternativista