Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M Kotaro

Experienced TCA users please come in

Hi there

Thanks for reading my thread.

I have been using glycolic acid (stopped) and salicylic acid peel since 3 years ago. I also use AHA 10% lotion every day and night.

I got TCA 15% and want to apply it to my cheek tomorrow. Since I am a first time TCA user, can I apply it two layers and leave it longer than a minute?

I want to leave TCA more than 60-90 seconds as recommended for first-time users by the supplier. It's because I've been using salicylic acid peels 20% for so many times with good result. I'm not sure when to rinse the TCA but I want optimum result for myself as first-time user.

Any advice/recommendation?

Hi

Keep in mind that everyone is different. I had 2 sessions of 100% tca on 3 small boxcars on my xheek. I had 0% improvement. I suggest to keep your hopes low and if it works, you'll feel like you hit lotto. Good luck!

so i did my first TCA 15% peel today. did 1 layer and a half :-) left it for 10+ minutes, and neutralized it.

few seconds i put it on, my skin frosted. 30 minutes after that, i appeared like a ... person who had been punched in the face! my cheeks turned dark brown (im asian). my face felt really hot. i had to use a table fan to cool it down.

an hour after that, i applied vitamin E oil 30,000 IU with rosehip oil.

i have to stay inside home until my skin peels, probably in next 2-3 days.

I know this may sound weird but what I've been doing is.... Before I do a tca peel I'm using a dermaroller and then apply the tca peel, I use the dermaroller for about 8 minutes and use a tca peel from muac that is 8% strength, I apply the tca peel wait for 5 minutes and reapply it again, It is painful, my skin becomes extremely red, at night i use a retin A and the next day it peels A LOT.. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks and people have noticed a big difference, l I however, don't because I hate my acne scars!!!!!

I would follow the directions that came with a peel. What do they state?

they assume i never do chemical peels. however, i been using chemical peels for 5 years.

my skin looks not bad but still i have a few acne scars. what irritate me the most is red marks.

Hi

Keep in mind that everyone is different. I had 2 sessions of 100% tca on 3 small boxcars on my xheek. I had 0% improvement. I suggest to keep your hopes low and if it works, you'll feel like you hit lotto. Good luck!

i have high hope for TCA peel. SA peel has done wonder to my skin. TCA will do a lot better.

i guess your skin is too rough and tough and thick.

I know this may sound weird but what I've been doing is.... Before I do a tca peel I'm using a dermaroller and then apply the tca peel, I use the dermaroller for about 8 minutes and use a tca peel from muac that is 8% strength, I apply the tca peel wait for 5 minutes and reapply it again, It is painful, my skin becomes extremely red, at night i use a retin A and the next day it peels A LOT.. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks and people have noticed a big difference, l I however, don't because I hate my acne scars!!!!!

i think you should try SA peel first. i used 20% sa peel with good results. my skin got smooth and no acne. but SA couldnt remove deep red marks and some acne scars so thats why i did TCA peel.

now is 24 hours after i did my TCA peel. the area that i applied TCA on, it is so dark :ninja: but i know its working :clap:

need to wait another 48 hours.. im sure it will peel a lot and i will look as handsome as i was :cool:

SECOND DAY

my cheeks peel like snake after shower. all area didnt fall off. i must not pick on the scabs.

the area that peels, hehe..... it's so smooth. new skin from beneath comes out. there are redness however. i put some pure aloe vera (a lot) on it and it stung.

cant wait for tomorrow morning. i expect all brown area will fall off.

Edited by M Kotaro

THIRD DAY

all scabs fall off. the area become pink in color. i keep it moisturized at all time. i cleanse twice daily with cetaphil gentle cleanser.

my skin is even. but im not sure whether the red marks before i put TCA will come again in a few days.

FOURTH DAY

today all area peeled off, even on the forehead. the area on cheek that has peeled, it has another layer that is going to peel. its brown in color, unlike the area that has peeled which is now pink in color. i think if i applied 3 layers at the first place, it would peel quicker.

yay, my skin is soooooo even. i look natural. and handsome :D . but i dont wanna go out yet because my cheek is pink in color. what the heck. i will look ridiculous.

i think its important to use gentle cleanser on the skin. i use cetaphil gentle cleanser. when i cleanse my cheek with it, i rub it and scabs fall off.

during day, i apply concentrated vitamin E cream 3 times, and at night i apply vitamin E oil with rosehip oil 30k IU. its still day 4 but i think i have progressed quick.

forgot to mention, there are still deep red marks (not very obvious as before) on the cheek. but the color has lightened. i think i dont have acne scars. i never pick on acne.

i also consume 1gram of "bio ester c with bioflavonoids" 3x a day, 1 tablet of B complex, and a tablet of vitamin E 400IU.

Edited by M Kotaro

So you think you might have only had pigmentation and no scars on your skin? I'm interested in tca peel's for mine, I have lots of shallow saucer type scars. Like I can see the top white layer of skin thats been unaffected by acne then shallow saucers (between 0 and 1 mm) that are really red (I know this goes away) but I'm wondering if chemical peels will level the skin out.

here is the updates:

1. i almost look like when i was 10 years ago. but i still have some deep red marks.

2. a week after TCA, i did salicylic acid 20% peel. twice. now my skin is smooth and even but still i have a few small bumps.

3. i did some mistakes. first, i applied vitamin E oil (2nd day) after chemical peel which wasnt good because it clogged pores. so dont do it. just apply good non-comedogenic moisturizer. i use cetaphil moisturizing cream for chronic dry, sensitive skin. second, dont use harsh cleanser, for example one that contain aha/bha because it will disturb the peeling process. i use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. third, dont use other chemical product like AHA. wait until you get a new skin.

4. now my skin is a bit red and i have deep red marks, only on both cheeks. next week i will do again TCA peel.

so my advise to you guys, TCA peel delivers great result. follow exactly the instruction. know everything u need to know before do this peel. if you have acne scars, this peel may even the skin tone, at least make the scar less visible. when my skin peeled like a snake peels, i was really happy to see the 'young' skin.

Edited by M Kotaro

Guest Timehealsall
So you think you might have only had pigmentation and no scars on your skin? I'm interested in tca peel's for mine, I have lots of shallow saucer type scars. Like I can see the top white layer of skin thats been unaffected by acne then shallow saucers (between 0 and 1 mm) that are really red (I know this goes away) but I'm wondering if chemical peels will level the skin out.

just curious, but how do your saucers/shallow scars look like? I mean what color are they, and are they easy to see in all lighting/angles?

Hey time I just answered this in your thread. M Kotaro, have peels made any difference to shallow scars? I'm wondering about this because if you do a medium peel it should go beyond the epidermis and into layers of the dermis where scarring is and level the skin out shouldn't it?

Guest Timehealsall
Hey time I just answered this in your thread. M Kotaro, have peels made any difference to shallow scars? I'm wondering about this because if you do a medium peel it should go beyond the epidermis and into layers of the dermis where scarring is and level the skin out shouldn't it?

Can't some shallow scarring be in the epidermis??

ricepuff : im not sure because i dont have shallow scars. but this TCA peel will peel you a lot. it will remove more thicker skin than SA peel does (in my experience). so i think it will make some differences. TCA makes a lot difference to my skin compared to AHA/BHA/SA peel. if you have the opportunity not to go out for a week, then i really recommend you to do this peel. remember, be patience with the setback.

Guest Timehealsall

ricepuff : im not sure because i dont have shallow scars. but this TCA peel will peel you a lot. it will remove more thicker skin than SA peel does (in my experience). so i think it will make some differences. TCA makes a lot difference to my skin compared to AHA/BHA/SA peel. if you have the opportunity not to go out for a week, then i really recommend you to do this peel. remember, be patience with the setback.

kotaro what type of scars do u have

i dont have acne scars. i never pick on acne. i thought i had icepick scars (look like) but after i did many SA peels, i dont think they are icepick scars. just uneven skin stone, like indented scars.

IMHO, dont focus yet on scars but red marks. make face look natural and clean. then repair the scars. TCA cross can help.

Guest Timehealsall

i dont have acne scars. i never pick on acne. i thought i had icepick scars (look like) but after i did many SA peels, i dont think they are icepick scars. just uneven skin stone, like indented scars.

IMHO, dont focus yet on scars but red marks. make face look natural and clean. then repair the scars. TCA cross can help.

and guess what.. i never pick on acne too. Wait so these scars were "indented"? If they were indeed indented and the sa peels got rid of them, than they might get rid of mine!

I should be able to go hermit for a week with a peel!

After the skin peels, is the skin different to how it was before? Is it thinner or weaker?

I should be able to go hermit for a week with a peel!

After the skin peels, is the skin different to how it was before? Is it thinner or weaker?

yes, after TCA peel, your skin will look tremendously different (if it peels)

it will be thinner i guess, but new skin will be forming to replace the peeled skin. after my face peeled, the skin turned pink in color for a few days and the skin tone was uneven. after a week i applied bio-oil and vitamin E cream religiously and now the color is almost even after 2 weeks. but dont u apply comedogenic stuff on your face if its not clear yet.

now i really like the look of my face. no more acne. no acne scars. just red marks. :dance:

ricepuff, no pain no gain. it was your mistake not to take good care of your skin before. now you have to pay to get it back to good