Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breetard89

Olive Oil as a moisturiser?

I went to see my local GP tonight, not my derm, and he recommended that I use Olive Oil as a moisturiser?

Good idea or a bad idea?

I've heard of olive oil for your hair but not for your face. I would be a little nervous to put olive oil on my face.

HAve you ever tried an all natural oil before? I hear they are awesome. I personally have never used olive oil before but I have used almond, coconut and Argon. All were fabulous and the best part is you dont need much. I must admit though that if you are anything like me the oil can be a bit much at first especially the shine. I would concult with your derm just to be sure olive oil is okay to use on your face but I think it should be fine. If you are a bit nevouse, try some argon or jojoba oil. Both you can find at a health store such as whole foods. Hope this helps and good luck. I have also found that a good physical sun block works well with these all natural oils. I love Vanicream spf 60.( I have honestly been using just this in the am. and it is all I need.)

Thanks! After I wrote this I actually went on YouTube and had a look at some of the olive oil facial moisturizing videos. So I tried it! Haha. Still woke feeling very dry though!

I want to go find that JoJoba oil, but I couldn't find it anywhere near where I live! Wah.

Do you have a whole foods or any health store near you? You might be able to call around and see if they carry some sort of jojoba oil. I had a hard time finding it as well till I stopped looked for the "jojoba" and just looked for any product that had jojoba in it. Dessert essence has a good one. You may be able to order it online as well. Try sephora. Josie Maran makes an all natural argon oil that is amazing. I do suggest getting the oil for the face though and not the stick. I got the stick and used it around the corners of my mouth and broke out so I then just used the oil itself and used the argon stick as a chap stick. Seems to work pretty good but now my two year old son loves the chap stick. Guess I will have to get another one.

I went for out hunting for Jojoba oil today and found some! There's a health food store about 20 minutes from mine. $22.90. Oh, well, it looks as though it's going to last a while.

Now, do you use it by itself or actually mix it with another moisturizer?