Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
President Mercury

Apricot Oil for dry and acne prone skin?

Has anyone used apricot oil to moisturize their skin? My boyfriend bought it for me since I've had really dry skin this winter (its not as bad now though). I almost tried everything in a couple of months period because my face was literally peeling until my boyfriend suggested Vitamin E oil (70,000 IU). Of course, I hesitated because it's an oil and I have severe acne. But, it worked and didn't break me out (in fact, it helped my acne to dry up and heal quicker).

I tried looking up reviews and whatnot online, but there doesn't seem to be much about apricot oil and acne. I'm scared to try it because I don't want to break out again.

Has anyone used apricot oil? Did you break out? Did it moisturize your face? There is this bottle just waiting to be opened and I'm scared to use it :think:

It seems as if Vitamin E oil has not broken me out, but I started exercising recently and broke out. Since the warming weather is coming, I haven't had to use Vitamin E oil every night like I did during the winter. But, it seriously was the only thing to keep the dry skin and peeling away.

What kind of oils did you use? I think I might try to Apricot Oil on one side of my face and see how it does. But right now I have the lovely big, red, pimples that hurt so I really don't want any more :(

It seems as if Vitamin E oil has not broken me out, but I started exercising recently and broke out. Since the warming weather is coming, I haven't had to use Vitamin E oil every night like I did during the winter. But, it seriously was the only thing to keep the dry skin and peeling away.

What kind of oils did you use? I think I might try to Apricot Oil on one side of my face and see how it does. But right now I have the lovely big, red, pimples that hurt so I really don't want any more :(

Where can I get this Vitamin E oil?

Where can I get this Vitamin E oil?

Sorry I took so long to respond back! I got Sundown Naturals Vitamin E Oil (70,000 IU) from Duane Reade. I think you can also get it at CVS, Target, Walgreens, Kmart, etc too. Make sure to read the ingredients and get the one without soybean oil or all that other stuff (it might break you out). The only ingredient in this one is Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

Hm, did the exercise make you break out? Weird. If you work out at the gym, could be the cleaning stuff, as that does break me out. So I basically will avoid touching my face entirely with anything when I go back to the gym and wash my hands immediately with soap when I am done, and pat the sweat away.

Maybe you will jsut need to use oil as a mask in the warmer weather every now and then, which might help keep down any potential break outs.

As for the oils I've tried, I've tried jojoba, sweet almond, walnut, hazelnut, neem (smells disgusting. Imagine the worst smell you have every smelled, and it's basically the equivalent to that), and extra virgin olive oil. EVOO, jojoba, and walnut caused the most irritation, with sweet almond causing some swelling on my eye area.

I am pretty sure the exercising did break me out as I haven't done any in a LONG time. I've heard before that exercising can break you out since it's all the bad stuff coming out and I wasn't working out at a gym but at home. I exercise with nothing on my face and usually take a shower right after I am done. I've been working out around 4 days a week for 30mins or more of cardio and doing some strength training. So far, I haven't broken out like I did when I first started (except when I had an allergic reaction to an aloe vera gel from CVS when I got a sunburn, d'oh!).

So far, the apricot oil has actually been pretty good. It's not thick like the Vitamin E oil and it helps the existing pimples heal faster while taking away some of the redness. Luckily, I am not having as much of a problem with moisture since it's the summer but there are still nights when I have to put on some apricot oil (like after exfoliating).

I haven't not tried any of those oils you tried lol. But have heard good things about jojoba. Extra virgin olive oil I am too scared to try as it seems it would break anyone out (even though people say that the oil is too thick to actually clog your pores, not sure about that one!).