Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I dont feel like writing a book, but i hope you get a better understanding of there acne through what i've found out.

So long story short, after being on the acne.org regimen for roughly 4-5 months, i developed an allergic reaction to it, and my face would get these tiny flesh like bumps all over, and they would excrete a water like substance. I immediately got off BP and for some reason i got perfectly clear for a few days? I washed my face only with the cleanser and didnt put any product on my face. I was clear for 3ish days and i was ecstatic. That quickly changed when i woke up with 4-5 new zits, and they kept coming, i panicked and got back on BP and same thing happened. I was at a loss, and i had no idea how to keep my acne under control. I went on a crazy spree of research for natural methods and other treatments that would work. Im so glad i did, im clear finally.

Right now i take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3, 50mg og Zinc, 100mg of vitamin C, 10,000 IU Vitamin A and fish oil with omega 3's once a day. Im not sure which one of these did it? i also wash my face twice a day with neutrogena rapid clear oil eliminator and i use Dans AHA+ once a day (at night).

My complexion is flawless. I have a couple of old marks healing but my acne has never been this under control.

I think people often over react to there acne. I started getting acne when i was 13 (im 18 now) and i went of the deep end with over use of products. i washed my face 3-4 times a day for a year, put tons and tons of shit on my face that only make my acne worse. Ive been on proactive, used hundreds of in store products and none of them fully worked.

Everyone, and i mean absolutely everyone should try taking vitamins and not using tons of crap on there face. I feel amazing, my face is glowing, theres no dryness, and theres almost NO acne. I have a few tiny flesh colored bumps on my chin, but you cant notice them at all. Im so happy im finally clear. So inexplicably happy. its been so long. :)

Edited by Dk333

"Everyone, and i mean absolutely everyone should try taking vitamins and not using tons of crap on there face."

Except.. you ARE using "crap" on your face. The cleanser is likely medicated in some way, and you are using a chemical exfoliant. So, basically it's a different route but similar to that of BP. Meaning you'd probably need to use these products consistently to remain clear - go a week without them, you'd likely have an initial breakout.

The neturogena oil control cleanser doesnt have salicylic acid or bp. Everyone needs to cleanse? And the AHA+ is to keep my face from have a crap ton of dead skin build up. AHA+ is nowhere near as harsh as bp. How do you keep the dead skin off without AHA+ or some time of acid?

"Everyone, and i mean absolutely everyone should try taking vitamins and not using tons of crap on there face."

Except.. you ARE using "crap" on your face. The cleanser is likely medicated in some way, and you are using a chemical exfoliant. So, basically it's a different route but similar to that of BP. Meaning you'd probably need to use these products consistently to remain clear - go a week without them, you'd likely have an initial breakout.

The neturogena oil control cleanser doesnt have salicylic acid or bp. Everyone needs to cleanse? And the AHA+ is to keep my face from have a crap ton of dead skin build up. AHA+ is nowhere near as harsh as bp. How do you keep the dead skin off without AHA+ or some time of acid?

I am vitamin D deficient. The vitamin A keeps my face from being oily. And i dunno if the zinc is actually helping but yeah.

How in the HELL do you do that? theres no way in hell i can deal with just washing my face with water. My skin would look like absolute shit. It would be an oily flakey mess and my acne would go friggen crazy.

Are you "vit D deficient" or genuinely deficient, as in your doctor told you do? And you can actually do harm taking such a large amount of vit A. Also, all vitamins interact with one another. I believe you are supposed to balance vit C, zinc, and copper together. So again, better to actually ask a doctor about this.

And that's what you THINK will happen. Might be how it happens for a few weeks to a month, then it usually balances out. My skin is less oily than it was when I washed twice a day. It's flakier rihgt now, but seems to be going down all the time. And I only had worse break outs because I was picking. I went 3 weeks without picking (except 1-2 spots), and I was about 95% clear and no longer had such angry red patches on my inner cheeks. Most people who give the regimen a thorough try actually succeed in clearing their acne up. If I didn't have these red marks, I'd actually look really good, despite the minor flaking and minor breakouts.

Yeah, went to a derm, suggested i get a blood test, im only mildy deficient, nothing bad. I take only 5000iu though, and only 10,000iu of vitamin A a day, which is very very little. Ive done my research and im careful. Over the summer i will try the only washing with water method. Do you wash your face very lightly with only warm water twice a day? or only once when you shower?

Research is different than actually having someone with a medical license going through everything and making sure what you are putting in your body is okay for you. And you can get vitamin D from going outside. Most people are mildly vitamin D deficient, so the likelihood of it being a noticeable help with acne is slim.

I wash once a day. I take my shower, let the water go over my face, and then pat dry. But I've been showering for too long, too hot of water, and too much water exposure lately. so that might be why I'm still quite flaky. I just showered tonight, took a warm shower instead of a boiling one, sat down in the shower so that my face wasn't getting pounded with water (I noticed that I take shorter showers when I sit down as well, not sure why), and just gently patted dry. I felt a few areas of my face, and I felt a slight oiliness still left over. Which is not a bad thing. I'm thinking that within a few weeks of no touching/picking and showers like that, my skin should be much less flaky and the breakouts I aggravated by picking should go down. Chances are that in the dead heat of the summer when I am feeling way to lazy to do anything, I might not even shower some days. It's not a huge deal to go 1-2 days without bathing. If you wanted to make sure you don't overdo it with the face washing though, just take your regular showers, and right at the end, splash water on your face the same way you do when using cleansers. I'd rather just let water run over my face, much easier haha.

Sounds super easy! I have noticed a difference in my skin color from the vitamin d3. My skin used to just be overly reactive to active. it would just be red and insanely noticeable. Now its not so much. I have a few bumps at the moment, but you HAVE to be super close to see them. What ive been doing for the past few days has been only cleansing once a day, no lotion or AHA, and so far so good! maybe eventually i can come off the cleaner and only use water. i hope no bad breakouts come. :(

interesting on the vitamins, is this one suppliment? if so do you have a link?

on the reaction to BP, you are lucky you didnt develop perioral dermatitis like me!! congrats on getting clear :)

interesting on the vitamins, is this one suppliment? if so do you have a link?

on the reaction to BP, you are lucky you didnt develop perioral dermatitis like me!! congrats on getting clear :)

I just went on a research spree on all vitamins that could potentially help my skin. Ended up going to doctor and he declared me mildly vit d deficient. So go ask your doctor before you take a bunch of vitamins. I added niacin to this and it was the final touch. Im nearly 100% clear from Vitamin A, D, C, Zinc, Niacin, and fish oil. And i wash my face twice a day, but only with water and i about once a week i use a baby brush to get all the dead skin off my face that has built up.

And wait. I think i had something happen along those lines? i got small bumps all over my face, and they werent zits but very tiny puss filled pimples and they were HELLA itchy. Right when i stopped i took benedryl and smeared my face in cortizone. hahahah. all better now! :D