Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breetard89

Did anyone have really bad scars before Accutane?

And did they clear up good?

I never had bad scars, just pigmentation. And I don't know if it's just in my head or if I really do have bad scars, but when I look in the mirror now, my skin just looks so bad. I look like I have terrible scarring - and probably do - and I just want to know if anyone has had bad scars that have cleared up while on Accutane?

I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel!

Id like to know about this as well. I have a good amount of scarring and PIH. I won't be starting accutane til around 5/9.

Yes because Tane turns over skin cells rapidly Aka "shedding" lol. So it will help for sure. I'm on it and my redness is going away nicely.

Good! And yeah, that makes sense.

I have popped basically ever pimple I've got in the last two weeks, and before that I'd usually pop all my pimples. It seemed so much better to pop them and just get rid of them. That's why

I had quite a few red marks, but I would have never called them scars. But recently they're starting to look like scars. It could be due to the dryness of my skin, or whatever

I just want it to go away by the end of this.

scars and pigmentation are not the same thing so please do not use them interchangeably. accutane does not and will not help for scarring. accutane may help for hyperpigmentation due to the fact it increases cell turnover but it may not also because thins out the skin.

best thing to do while on accutane is too use a moisturizer because the skin is dry and to use a spf since the skin is a lot more prone to sun damage.

Hey I too suffer from the little scars and let me tell you they are NOT FUN. My face has been up and down for the past two months but I must must must tell you that picking and popping is not a good idea. I did this about two weeks ago when some small pimples popped up and I am still dealing with the dry patches and OF COURSE scarring left behind. I have found that polyosporen has helped soften the patches but the healing time is just not worth the "popping"

Currently 3 weeks into my 5 month course, and have baasically popped very zit I've had. I know I need to stop very soon, I just need to stop sitting in front of a mirror. Hopefully my initial breakout stops sooner rather than later and I can give my skin a good chance at healing!

Currently 3 weeks into my 5 month course, and have baasically popped very zit I've had. I know I need to stop very soon, I just need to stop sitting in front of a mirror. Hopefully my initial breakout stops sooner rather than later and I can give my skin a good chance at healing!

I know. Because I always want to check to make sure my face is okay. Not too dry looking or my makeup is covering the right bits. So hard! But I have to, not buts about it.