Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyssgirl

I have been living "under a rock" because of my fear

I feel like I cant push myself out of this fear. I have only mild non inflamed acne, but I chose to hide in my house because I dont want to face myself in the mirror when im getting ready, or face the world with the fear of either people thinking less of me, or my mind trying to compare my skin to others, which ruins my whole day. I read other peoples posts who suffer with severe acne, or even just moderate, and I feel like I should be thankful for what I have. I have been off from work for a week for spring break, and instead of enjoying the lovely Cali weather, I have been hiding in my house the whole time. I have a party to go to Friday night, and im afraid that even if I get the littlest whitehead, that the fear will cause me to stay home. I just wish I could not care and go out and enjoy being 21!

Do you guys think that non inflamed acne is noticeable to people? I need some encouragement, or advice please!

The good thing is that you're a girl, nobody really cares. The people who do care are shallow and not worth having around. Sometimes you just have to deal with. Have you ever thought that what if your acne was severe and cystic?

The good thing is that you're a girl, nobody really cares. The people who do care are shallow and not worth having around. Sometimes you just have to deal with. Have you ever thought that what if your acne was severe and cystic?

I have thought about that..and thats why I feel bad for complaining about what I have now.. :( I couldnt imagine.

I can completely relate. I am crippled by my fear. I am a slave to my anxiety and obsessive worry. I can't stop thinking that everyone is judging me by my skin. Whenever I go outside, which is rare, I always wear a hood to cover most of my acne. I do this even during the day and in hot weather. It is a fucking nightmare. This has been going on for over a year now. I can't remember the last time I walked outside without a hood, with just my bare face. Whenever I try to take the damn hood off for even a few seconds my face feels incredibly "naked" and vulnerable and sensitive -- it just doesn't feel right. The habit has been ingrained too deep. From here it's a long road to dig myself out of this mess. Fml.

I can't tell you to just go ahead and forget about it, or just to stop worrying about it, because it's not that easy.

And I'll even sound rather hypocritcal for saying this, given my own insecurities as to how I believe other people view me, but I bet the majority hardly notice any skin problems you have. Anyone who does notice probably takes it as matter-of-fact and moves right on because who you are as a person is more important.

So, at the very least, you should try and beat this now before it becomes too much of a habit that you rely on. :)

I feel like I cant push myself out of this fear.

It's kind of like in Harry Potter where they fall into Devil's snare; when they don't remain calm, it's harder for them to get out it.

Devil's Snare is a plant with magical properties. Its power is the ability to constrict or strangle its surrounding environment. Struggling or resistance to Devil's Snare will cause the plant to exert a greater force of constriction.

Your "fear" is the same. You've gotta remain calm as much as you can and think things through.

...or face the world with the fear of either people thinking less of me,

People who think less of people because they have acne are horrible. Good riddance, I say. Why care what someone like that thinks? I mean honestly.

or my mind trying to compare my skin to others, which ruins my whole day.

You'll get past that eventually. You'll see. :nod:

Do you guys think that non inflamed acne is noticeable to people?

I notice it. However I'm seldomly disturbed by it, usually I just go "Oh they have acne" and move on.

I need some encouragement, or advice please!

Keep your chin up! Try to relax and try to stop thinking negatively. Start thinking positively! You're gorgeous. Everyone will agree. Don't let this thing ruin your mood! Don't hold yourself back! :dance:

At least we girls can hide our imperfections with make-up. I dunno if I were u I'd go out put-on light make-up and just try to be as normal as I can...

I can completely relate. I am crippled by my fear. I am a slave to my anxiety and obsessive worry. I can't stop thinking that everyone is judging me by my skin. Whenever I go outside, which is rare, I always wear a hood to cover most of my acne. I do this even during the day and in hot weather. It is a fucking nightmare. This has been going on for over a year now. I can't remember the last time I walked outside without a hood, with just my bare face. Whenever I try to take the damn hood off for even a few seconds my face feels incredibly "naked" and vulnerable and sensitive -- it just doesn't feel right. The habit has been ingrained too deep. From here it's a long road to dig myself out of this mess. Fml.

I am currently wearing a hood because I have no makeup on and am embarrased to have my bf see my whole face, and im actually 99% clear but the marks look horrible :( ugh i cant wait for the day when I LOVE my skin and want to show it off to the world and be proud of it. I also wear a hat to work everyday, and have been for almost a year as well. Even if im clear, the hat makes me feel like no one can see my whole face. I can relate SO much to you!

One day... :/