Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacebound82

Canadians- what are you using for your lips?

I'm currently using Aquafina lip balm and lip oil, and polysporin (MULTIPLE times a day for all 3), but cannot find any relief for my lips. The dryness was unpleasant but bearable in the beginning, but ever since my dosage was increased from 40mg to 50mg, my lips have become an absolute nightmare.

Several (American) accutane users have told me to get Aquaphor lip balm, but I can't find this anywhere in Canada (I live in Toronto). Would this be worth ordering online? Or is there something else I can use that can be found locally and will actually give me some relief??

Should be able to get aquaphor online, otherwise your derm can prescribe you a prescription strength lip balm.

Should be able to get aquaphor online, otherwise your derm can prescribe you a prescription strength lip balm.

Ah, ok. I'll just ask my derm then (would prefer something immediate rather than waiting on S&H lol). :)

Have you tried just slathering simple vaseline?

Yeah, frequently, til I switched to polysporin (cuz it had a more "moisturizing" feel to it). Neither has really helped much, though. Anything I apply is literally evaporated within 5 minutes of putting it on. =/