Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jak385

Are these Ice Pick or Enlarged Pores? (Pics incl.)

First off, this is my first post so Hi everyone. After suffering from acne since about 14+ I've finally got it under control (in my early 20s), to the extent that I only have mild breakouts and redness from previous acne. Now it's (relatively) cleared up I'm left with quite an uneven skin texture which I first thought was ice pick scarring. The more I research though the more it seems that it is likely to mostly be enlarged/scarred pores.

I don't actually have a clue how to tell the difference as I've seen photos which claim to be of ice pick scarring which look like mine, and then pics which look far more severe and nothing like what I'm left with.

I've included a couple images below (hopefully, if I manage to post em properly lol). The first shows my skin from different angles, mainly my cheeks which are the most affected. I found it incredibly difficult to get decent photos ( they actually look like simple blackheads in certain shots but they're not, they're holes ranging from about 1-2mm depth) and I'm sure people will probably be looking and thinking 'whats the big deal?' but I assure you they're a lot worse and prominent in reality, my camera just sucks at picking up details I guess. The second picture is of someone else but the texture of their skin is very similar to mine and a lot better detail. On my photo I also emphasised how contrasting the texture of my skin changes from clear and smooth to suddenly being rough, just to try and make the problem more clear lol.

So my question really is, judging from what people know (as everything I read seems to contradict other stuff) are these holes actually ice pick scars, enlarged pores, scarred pores, something else, or a mixture of all of these? I need to know what Im dealing with before I can start treating it.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any feedback, I appreciate you guys reading this.

post-149271-1303255553_thumb.jpgpost-149271-1303255567_thumb.jpg

So I dont want to just read ur post or just view ur pics without tryin to give my opinion hopin it will help u. Most times ive posted no one even bothers to answer but yet 100x views.

Im not an expert at figurin out what are the names to each scar.. But urs look like some scared pores with minium to none boxcar. But ur skin looks great. Ive been readin n mayb a copper peptides serum will make what you have be all gone.

Cud b wrong but do some research. Hope I was helpful.

Edited by CRUSHCURVE

i see 1 or 2 shallow boxcars, and the rest are simply enlarged pores

Edited by Brawn

Hey thanks guys for your feedback, and thanks for the kind words CRUSHCURVE. Made me feel a lot better actually :)

My harsh acne lasted about 8 or so years and considering the severity, all over coverage, and the fact it never really died down in all that time I guess I've actually been pretty damn lucky in terms of scarring etc.

Ive got A LOT more researching to do by the looks of it, especially been as I seem to have mostly been researching all the wrong stuff for what I actually have lol. I think I'm definitely gonna look a lot more into copper peptide serum as what I've read so far seems to look really promising. Seems to have its risks and possible side effects but I guess all of the stronger, most potential treatments do, thats why research is needed.

ricepuff, I'll look into peels as well but havn't heard a lot of positive things about them yet, in terms of enlarged pores anyway. Like I said though I havn't specifically researched this area though so I can't really make a real statement about it at the moment.

I really appreciate the replies, and would love a couple more opinions on potential treatments for refining my skin to as good as I can really ;)

Also if anyone has an opinion on copper peptides now that they've specifically seen the condition of my skin (even if the picture quality is terrible) then I'd be really interested. Other than that I guess I better just start reading up on it all. Thanks guys!

Enlarged pores, keep your skin clean and use some tightning mask regularly. No peels they might get worse.

You r welcomed. I have the same type of skin.. But a bit more.. Enlarged pores w some box car scars. Im readin alot on copper peptides n retin a. Also skin signal serum which tightens the skin. Ive tried a tca peel n I think thats what scared my pores so dont do it . Just do some research.. But I wud def look into co n retin a for the long term .