Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flem85

what can i do to these scars PICS INCLUDED

hello!

Im 26 now and finished accutane 3 weeks ago.

I want to improve the scars i have on my cheek as these make me really sad and ive become somewhat of a loner.

I have so long hair now because i dont even want to get a hair cut.

I just want my life back and go out and not feel ugly and avoiding reflections.

PLEASE help me find what kind of treatment woul be the best for my skin. and something for my skin texture.

Thnak you Flem

post-144596-1303245952_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303245987_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246020_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246044_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246067_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303245952_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303245987_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246020_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246044_thumb.jpg

post-144596-1303246067_thumb.jpg

thank you but these was taken on my cell phone. but i have scarring on my cheeks plus PIH.

i will try to take pictures with a camera soon

thank you but these was taken on my cell phone. but i have scarring on my cheeks plus PIH.

i will try to take pictures with a camera soon

Yeah, please take some other pictures with a different camera. 'Cause I really don't see any scarring! Your skin looks really nice from what I see, I promise. I see a few red spots which should fade away slowly on their own.

If your scarring was truly bad, I think even a camera phone would pick them up. Looking at your pictures, I don't know why you're really sad over your skin. :( That makes me sad. It could be a lot worse, trust me. People don't really appreciate what they have until it's gone (gets worse). That was my case.

Anywho, congrats on Accutance! :)

thank you. i will try to be happier :) i know im not the one on this board that has the worst skin but still i try to get an improvement until im satisfied ;)

if i was u.. i would think myself to be a normal person with rational skin!

i will post some photos after work so you see the scars clearly

Omg you should really be thankful u have skin like that",,that's almost perfect skin. So really chin up and be normal!! Congratulations btw

here you see the scars really good. so what can i do?

The bumps are actually restylane that i paid over 1000$ to have but i am more displeased now than before. WAste of money.

thank you all for nice comments but now you can see for yourself ;)

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Flem85/

I would love to have skin be like yours. Your scarring is really minor - although it probably doesn't seem that way to you. But if we couldn't tell from the pictures on your phone, who is really going to notice in real life. :]

here you see the scars really good. so what can i do?

The bumps are actually restylane that i paid over 1000$ to have but i am more displeased now than before. WAste of money.

thank you all for nice comments but now you can see for yourself ;)

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Flem85/

These are boxcar scars if I'm mistaken..they're very shallow ..u can already see them filling up with collagen . I'd use retin- a if I were u, to help improve the look of the scars or maybe laser resurfacing .. I dunno

alisa: thank you =) , but i will probably try to make them bettre anyway. i still dont want to look myself in the mirror

Bon: Than you for your input i actually didnt know what kind of scars i have so that is helpful..

Do i have to ask my derm to start on retin A? ive never used it before

Please people.. :(

You're welcome. I'd give advice if I knew, but I'm clueless. :(

Try dermarolling, the results take time but they will definately show up... i would suggest buying a 1mm roller since you have minimum scarring, and just need to get the finishing touches done. After rolling maybe apply a vitamin C serum to promote collagen growth. You can choose how frequently you do it, since its a 1mm i would probably do it once a week or every other week depending on your schedule haha.

Thank you jesse. i think i will go for dermarolling. and even try the vitamin c serum.. Where can i get one? and what is the best? my skin is also uneven in skin tone, will the dermarolling help with that? or is there something else i can use?

alisa: i know =) but thank you for caring at all..

i think i will go for dermarolling. and even try the vitamin c serum.. Where can i get one? and what is the best? my skin is also uneven in skin tone, will the dermarolling help with that? or is there something else i can use?

You can purchase a low-end Vitamin C serum at a drugstore or Sally's Beauty Supply. There are different kinds at Whole Foods, Ulta, Sephora, vitamin shops, somewhere in the mall, online. You have to do some searching. There's not one that is necessarily 'the best' & what might work for one, may not work for you.

Vitamin C alone will help with an uneven skin tone - it'd help more efficiently combined with a dermaroller.

There's a catch though that surprisingly no one else has mentioned. You can't do anything for your scars until you've been off Accutane for at least 6 months. Your skin is still fragile & your healing ability isn't too great right now. You could possibly do more harm than good to your skin right now if you try any peels, dermarolling & especially laser. So please be patient & wait another 5 months. Your skin & scars may heal to a good extent on their own within this time.

thank you lily!

I will try to wait as long as possible!

I only hope that my skin will return more or less to where it was when i had acne.

Becuase when i had acne and on good days my skin looked awesome. Now it really much older :o

Guest Timehealsall
thank you lily!

I will try to wait as long as possible!

I only hope that my skin will return more or less to where it was when i had acne.

Becuase when i had acne and on good days my skin looked awesome. Now it really much older :o

I think my skin looks worse than yours ( i have a lot of enlarged pores, dead skin all over my face, bad skin tone, texture etc). You got a good face though, so it kind of balances out.

GL with treatments