Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nanobabes

questions about fish oil dosage

So I'm a little confused about the dosages of taking fish oil supplements.

First of all, what is the recommended dose for treatment of acne? I've read so many different recommendations, from 2 grams to 6 grams.

I've also read in multiple places that the dosage it says on the front of the bottle doesn't count, but the amount of Omega 3, as in the EPA/DHA. On the bottle of fish oil I bought, by Spectrum (one of the only two available I found at Wegman's, which I found surprising), it says on the front that each pill has 1000 mg each, but only about 300 mg of Omega-3 ... what does the rest include? Inactive ingredients of fish oil? I guess just filler oil?

Also, on the back of the bottle, it lists under Supplement Facts that there is an Omega-3 dosage of 600 mg (per 2 soft gels), but below it says EPA - 320mg, DHA - 200 mg. So should I base my usage on 600 or 520?

So, say the recommended dosage is 3 grams. That means I should take 10 fish oil pills per day? That seems like a lot. The most annoying aspect of that is lugging around a big bottle of fish oil with me all the time, especially since I prefer to take them frozen.