Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rocknrory

Problems with my Regimen (4 Months in)

Hey guys, this is my first post on the messege boards. Anyway, I've been using Dan's products for 4 months or so now, including the AHA+ occasionally and the awesome Jojoba oil. It's definitely helped my acne just disappear after sticking with it for a while and not giving up, but recently, I've been having a problem.

I used to never touch my face during the first 3 months or so, but recently I've been losing it and my face becomes SOOOO itchy, it might be the BP, but I believe it also might be the moisturizer, more on that later. I started getting really itchy and I would scratch my face a lot, first with gentle "barely touching the skin" touches, and later with pretty intense scratching. Of course I worried this would cause me to breakout, but it didn't. Instead, it caused me to really damage my skin and whenever I put on BP it stung, way more than normal. I decided to stop using BP for a week and let my face recover, which worked well because in return I stayed acne free, and my face began to heal.

I just put BP on last night, after not using it for a while, and it didn't sting at all. This morning, on the otherhand, stung like crazy! Do you guys think I should stop using BP for a few more days and let my face recover, or just "man up" and use a very small amount of BP and deal with it? I know I need to stop scratching my face, it's just really hard to resist because it has really itchy moments. It might be the moisturizer because when I quit BP for a week, and just cleansed and moisturized daily, I still got those crazy itches.

I'm getting small pimples now, but they fade quickly and are honestly not a bother at all. I just want the itching and the BP superburn to go away. Thanks for reading this!

see, i've been on the regimen for about 115 days. i was totally clear, then (out of nowhere) i started getting REALLY sunbunred looking, so i only apply a small amount of BP now, and I have a little acne now, but it's very manageable.

I'm was just about to post the same problem. I've been in on the regimen for 9 weeks.

Winter is starting here and i'm skin was excessively dry. My skin got flaky and i started picking (I notice, after i've been picking for a while) Now bp stings way more than usual. I'm getting redness like a sun burn - that i didn't have the first 7 weeks.

I'm just got my order of jojoba oil in. I'm applying that before I apply BP. It still stings more than usual but it seems to help a bit. I'll let you know if it helps overall.

On another note. I'm applying around 10 drops of jojoba oil in. And my face seems so absorb it like there's no tomorrow.

NOTE: ignore my regimen in my signature. that was way back in 2009. I'm using dan's products right now. But i can't seem to figure out how to change the signature

Edited by cokeholic

I'm was just about to post the same problem. I've been in on the regimen for 9 weeks.

Winter is starting here and i'm skin was excessively dry. My skin got flaky and i started picking (I notice, after i've been picking for a while) Now bp stings way more than usual. I'm getting redness like a sun burn - that i didn't have the first 7 weeks.

I'm just got my order of jojoba oil in. I'm applying that before I apply BP. It still stings more than usual but it seems to help a bit. I'll let you know if it helps overall.

On another note. I'm applying around 10 drops of jojoba oil in. And my face seems so absorb it like there's no tomorrow.

NOTE: ignore my regimen in my signature. that was way back in 2009. I'm using dan's products right now. But i can't seem to figure out how to change the signature

Exactly man, my face is red as the dickens. I'm gonna stop using BP for now since that aggravates my face, I need to let it heal. Eventually when it goes back to normal, I'll return to using a small amount gradually. I HAVE to stop picking, its so hard. When I laid off the BP for a few days last time, things got much better. Hopefully it does it again.

same problem here. I'm on my 10th week of the regimen, and i had been scratching my face as well. The face is itchy especially after putting on a ton of moisterizer and jojoba oil.

I've been trying very hard not to scratch.....but i fail. I'm gonna tie my hand up when i go to sleep from tonight on.

Oh my gosh I thought I was crazy or something. I used the regimen for 8-9 weeks about twice a day. Skin was still really red even up to the 7th week mark. But my skin was so itchy as well. I would scratch the dry patches of skin, and one time I did that an this clear fluid oozed out. I realized my skin was getting blistered. One night I used BP on my body and broke out in hives. Random! I took a few days break from using BP after I realized what was happening, and when I went to use it again, the same dry insanely itchy patches began appearing on my skin. This never happened when first starting the regimen. I know what it was like to have dry, flakey, red skin but this was something wrong....

So, this has been about the 5 day since no BP anywhere. Unfortunately, chest has broken out a tiny bit, but face remains to be actually more clear than on the regimen. I was still breakout out really bad, and now I haven't had a new pimple for the first time in 5 days. I unfortunately won't use AHA+ because everytime I use it I break out.

So Rocknrory, it might be a good idea to let your skin heal. Then slowly introduce the BP.

I had the same problem but i refused to scratch my skin (believe me its easier said than done!) after after about 1 and a half -2 weeks of not scractching (believe me i wanted to so bad!) it seemed to go away, however this was only about a week ago but ive managed to stay itch free. Also AhA makes me itch so bad!

Alright, I stopped using BP and Im picking my face a lot less and the red, dry skin is going away. My face feels a lot better, so I plan to stay BP free for 2 weeks then use it very sparingly. All I do is wash my face, then apply moisturizer+ jojoba 5min later, twice a day. No acne! :)

Alright, I stopped using BP and Im picking my face a lot less and the red, dry skin is going away. My face feels a lot better, so I plan to stay BP free for 2 weeks then use it very sparingly. All I do is wash my face, then apply moisturizer+ jojoba 5min later, twice a day. No acne! :)

hey dude,

my face is red as hell in places that i apply BP. and im a pretty white guy, so the skin color contrast is pretty huge haha. I would like to only spot treat pimples.

how long have you been off BP and stayed clear? I ask bc im nervous that i'll get all my old acne back if i quit using bp for a while..

hey dude,

my face is red as hell in places that i apply BP. and im a pretty white guy, so the skin color contrast is pretty huge haha. I would like to only spot treat pimples.

how long have you been off BP and stayed clear? I ask bc im nervous that i'll get all my old acne back if i quit using bp for a while..

I've been off BP for about a week now and I have one small pimple on my chin, but to be honest, I don't mind it at all because it'll fade soon. I just got it today, and I'd rather have a single small pimple or two, compared to a red, sunburnt looking dry itchy face. I'm gonna spot treat it with a little BP and AHA+ and see what happens. I'll start BP again in minimal doses in a week from now. If you stop using BP for a little, you probably won't develop acne immediately, but after a little bit in, you might get a few or so. Just let your face adjust and then use a little BP and adjust to see what works.

i agree!!!

I recently stopped using large amount of bp and only do spot treatment and use moisterizer +jojoba oil afterwards. My dry patches are going away! Im going to continue doing spot treatment and hopefully I don't get other acnes back.