Notifications
Clear all

Non-ablative Laser Resurfacing for scars

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 04/19/2011 7:18 am

I'm thinking of getting non-ablative laser resurfacing treatment for old chickenpox/acne scarring on my cheeks and temples. I really don't wanna get the ablative laser resurfacing treatment cause I heard it's not safe and the downtime is a lot and I dunno I just feel it's risky. Has anyone tried the non ablative laser and is it effective ? My dermatologist said that it'll probably take around 5 sessions to achieve the best results...should I go for it?? My scarring is not severe and I'm currently using retin-a been using it for a month now

MemberMember
(@cveroleyva)

Posted : 05/14/2011 4:17 pm

I'm thinking of getting non-ablative laser resurfacing treatment for old chickenpox/acne scarring on my cheeks and temples. I really don't wanna get the ablative laser resurfacing treatment cause I heard it's not safe and the downtime is a lot and I dunno I just feel it's risky. Has anyone tried the non ablative laser and is it effective ? My dermatologist said that it'll probably take around 5 sessions to achieve the best results...should I go for it?? My scarring is not severe and I'm currently using retin-a been using it for a month now

Hi, I did non ablative ipl. I didn't burn, but it's severely ruined my skin. I had three treatments out of 4. I wish I would have never done it.

MemberMember
(@mystuff1)

Posted : 05/14/2011 4:39 pm

First I would get off of the Retin-A. That stuff made my skin break out and it is old school. The best stuff you can get that is prescribed is obagi products. This skin care product did an amazing job on my skin with no peeling and side effects. I just did my first treatment of ematrix resurfacing and my downtime was 2 days. I see results already and I can tell this is going to work on my acne scarring. I have a few enlarged pores and some old mild acne scarring. I am 35 and a male. Let me warn you though, it is a little painful. It's kinda like a tatoo but with a tatoo the pain feeling numbs after a while. With the ematrix you feel pain and then they stop, you feel pain again and then they stop. This goes on for about 20 minutes but totally worth it. I paid 1500.00 to do 5 treatments at a laser clinic in Westminster Colorado. They are not doing my beard area though so double that if you want the whole face. Like I said totally worth it. I seen before and after pictures at this clinic and it is amazing. Scars literally dissappeared. I can't wait till after my 5th treatment. Hope this helps in making your choice

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 05/20/2011 8:16 am

Hey thanks for ur input. I finally decided to go for eMatrix. I was really discouraged by other lasers, I'm middle eastern and i was told the risk of hyperpigmentation is high, so eMatrix is the safest most effective treatment for me. Today is my third day yah scars do look better thanks to the swelling lol but I think it'll get back to the way it was next week. Some ppl noted a difference/slight minor improvements in their scars exactly a month post their initial treatment.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not these results will last for good..are they really permanent?

MemberMember
(@dermhelpneeded)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:36 pm

Hey Bonbonique, I'd love to hear an update. Did the non-ablative laser work for your mild acne scarring? I am also considering non-ablative laser for mild scarring.

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/22/2014 10:00 am

non ablative are rubbish dont waste your time and money ablattive is the only laser worth doing however remember greater risk as well chemical peels depeding on the chemical of course do the same thing as ablative lasers with less risk than laser look into the dermaroller for all those doing non ablative fraxel copied the same concept as the dermaroller