Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreenEyes33

Breastmilk as an acne treatment?

So I realize this is totally weird but has anyone ever heard of this? I have a few friends who've had kids, and they all SWEAR that breastmilk heals acne. They say that it heals scratches, acne, rashes, everything really quickly. Since Im not a mother, so not lactating I decided to google it:

Google it. There's heaps of other articles.

Since I have adult acne, I really believe there's another underlying cause (in my case digestion) but as a topical treatment, would you try cream that was made from boob milk? Has anyone actually had any experience with it?

"boob milk"

...what a techincal term :lol:

anyway, are there currently any creams out there?.. hmm what about goat milk?? since its an animal's milk that closely remsembles humans?

i'd be willing to try it.. its something nutrious so why not??.. :)

trust me ive read of crazier ideas on here like urine on the face :blink:

Edited by dragonfly21

Cocunut milk is compared to breast milk. Here are some benefits of cocunut milk. Might be another option. I recently started drinking it since I omitted dairy products from my diet.

"While coconut milk is high in saturated fat, it is much healthier than other saturated fat products, and the fat is easily metabolized by the body. Coconut milk also offers some particular health benefits. It is anti-carcinogenic, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. The main saturated fat that it contains, lauric acid, is also found in mother's milk and has been shown to promote brain development and bone health."

Cocunut milk is compared to breast milk. Here are some benefits of cocunut milk. Might be another option. I recently started drinking it since I omitted dairy products from my diet.

"While coconut milk is high in saturated fat, it is much healthier than other saturated fat products, and the fat is easily metabolized by the body. Coconut milk also offers some particular health benefits. It is anti-carcinogenic, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. The main saturated fat that it contains, lauric acid, is also found in mother's milk and has been shown to promote brain development and bone health."

Interesting! I wonder if you can just buy it? Have you found any effect from drinking it? I was thinking moreso of people who use breastmilk topically. I'd use it topically, but drinking it...I dont think so! Coconut milk I might actually drink though.

Goat milk would be another good one to look into. I wonder if anyone has tried any of these and had any results?

I tried breastmilk when I was lactating. I wish I would have stuck with it to really see the results. I only did it for a couple of weeks and definitely saw an improvement. The blemishes I had started healing quickly and my skin was very soft. I have friends who would probably give me some breastmilk if I asked, but I'm going to try the fiber and probiotics from another thread. ;)

I tried breastmilk when I was lactating. I wish I would have stuck with it to really see the results. I only did it for a couple of weeks and definitely saw an improvement. The blemishes I had started healing quickly and my skin was very soft. I have friends who would probably give me some breastmilk if I asked, but I'm going to try the fiber and probiotics from another thread. ;)

Im trying that one too! But Im starting out by just eating all bran buds and activia and seeing if that makes a difference. I have too many suppliments laying around as it is :P