Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris981

question about dermabrasion

Would dermabrasion work on very little scares? I'm not sure if they are ice pick scars or not, but they are little pores that have a dark pigment to them. Very little scars. Does anyone know if dermabrasion would be good for this?

I haven't done dermabrasion myself, but I know that they used dermabrasion in the past to trait enlarged/ scarred pores. I really don't know, but I think that no sane doctor will agree to do dermabrasion on your face in order to trait your pores. Anyway, this procedure is very invasive. You should consider other options.

I did microdermabrasion with Dr. Y 5 years ago and saw good results with my little scars. I saw some improvement with my large scars, but nothing like I really want.

portlandboy,

would it hurt to have dermabrasion done on the little scars? ive got a few deeper ones, but a lot of little ones.

It's more about depth than diameter or type of scars. A doc might be able to sort you though with a simple peel or something.

Oh I see now. Maybe I should go consult with a near by surgeon rather than going to New Orleans. I'll see what he/she says first. Thanks Oldguy.