Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esoteric23

The only product that has reduced my red marks.

Posted (edited)

Before I tell you what it is here is a little bit of background on my acne. I have been suffering from a mild case of acne since puberty. I have never had any problems with pitted scars or severe cystic acne, just pustules and papules. My skin is fair/medium and oily but without moisturizer I notice it can get dry and tight. With a combination of Differin .3% and Minocycline I was able to get rid of my acne but was left with bright red marks that seemed to never fade. I tried ACV and baking soda, glycolic acid toner, Pure Deming Intense Gel, lemon, tea, honey, exfoliators of all kinds but nothing really seemed to help.

Recently I got a free sample from Sephora of this face gel called Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel. I saw on the package that it had both glycolic and lactic acid and was supposed to help with breakouts so I figured "why not?" and applied some to my face one night after I had washed it. I woke up totally shocked! The redness on my face was totally reduced and calmed. It also moisturized my skin which is something I definitely need since I use Differin. Not to mention the texture of my skin was smoother and I appeared to have a nice glow. I am totally in love with this product and in combination with my regular skin regime my skin has never looked better. This product is around $45.00 so it is not cheap. But the container will last you for awhile as would any tube of Differin or any other RX skin treatment. You can visit the Sephora website and check out the reviews, most people seem to rave about it like I have. If you still have red marks are are looking to try something new I would highly recommend you give it a try!

Edited by esoteric23

Posted

do we think this is bogus? no offence to the OP! i just want to know what others feel

Posted

Bogus in what way? I am just sharing my experience and I thought it would be useful information for someone who may be looking to try something new. I wish I had known about this years ago. Of course it will not work for everyone, I'm just saying it worked for me and many people give this product great reviews.