Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thisismeha

Should i use mandelic acid with Proactiv?

Hi this is my first post on this forum :)

So a few weeks ago i started to get these really small pimples that never come to a head. They are mostly on the sides of my nose, on the sides of my mouth, and on my upper lips, also a few on my right cheek. They are not visible unless up close and i wear makeup so these pimples make me feel self conscious when i put on makeup, plus they just make putting on makeup a little bit harder. I hate them and they're annoying and i pick on them and try to squeeze them but they are on parts of my face where its hard to squeeze out, and i just end up scaring myself. I always have these acne comedones but its always just been like 1-3 tiny little bumps barely noticeable, but now they are just all over my face, which make me mad. I don't have any inflamed acne(i do but rarely) and i use to have perfect skin because i use proactiv. I used to have lots of pimples but proactiv cleared up my acne a lot but still leave some acne comedones sometimes, and now acne comedones are all over my face. I read a post that say BHA or mandelic acid would help, i'm thinking about using mandelic acid with my proactiv 3 step regimen + clinique moisturizer. Do you think this would help and where do you think i should squeeze the mandelic acid into my regimen? This is my regimen:

morning:

proactiv sacilic acid facewash

clinique moisturizer and eyecream

night:

clarisonic cleanser

proactiv cleanser

proactiv toner

clinique moisturizer

clinique eye cream

proactiv treatment 2.5bp

Please help. DO you know if BHA or mandelic acid would be better for me? I really want to get rid of my pimple fast and money isn't really a matter as long as it under $100. Thanks.