Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s_s

acne insecurity/low self esteem

Ugh i hate acne with a passion!Sometimes i wonder what am i doing so wrong to be punished with acne :(.When the breakouts happen i just dont want anybody to see me,i reject coming along to the events that i usually got to with my friends,i want to stay out of light as i know in light all my pimples will show,i try to cover it with make up but when a pimple is big enough its hard to cover it with make up it still shows.Its really depressing.I had acne when i was a teen but that was mild and from 18-21 i had moderate/severe acne .I treated my acne with alot of antibiotics and topicals but they came back,i was even on accutane for 7 months and that cleared me up pretty well in 09 and now 2011 my skin started getting really oily i was on antibiotics it didnt really work much then i got back on retin a 0.01% and i am in week 6 and my initial break out from it is TERRIBLE.I hate it and my self esteem is at 0% right now and the weather is getting better i hope i will clear up in a month or 2 for the summer .I hate my life right now i dont know who to blame,my mother coz she gave a birth to me and both of my parents had acne my mother still gets acne in her mid 40's.I just hope i wont be stuck with acne for the rest of my life :(:(

blaming won't help..be glad you're still alive..i know its a livin hell but then nobody's life's perfect!

try and have fun..do what u like..what u're good at, something that makes u feel good..i've also been on accutane.cleared me for sometime..then went on doxy+differin..now on retin-A+differin +turmeric juice, and started with fish cod liver oil today..breaking out all over..but i still go for work:)

blaming won't help..be glad you're still alive..i know its a livin hell but then nobody's life's perfect!

try and have fun..do what u like..what u're good at, something that makes u feel good..i've also been on accutane.cleared me for sometime..then went on doxy+differin..now on retin-A+differin +turmeric juice, and started with fish cod liver oil today..breaking out all over..but i still go for work:)

i kno that blaming wont help it would just cause drama and no positive outcome and cause more stress ,i just say that when i am frustrated as i dont see any permanent acne solution right now :(..i still go to work as well and try to work out more but when i look in the mirror and see all these inflamed acne i just dont wanna go no where...yea i am takin zinc and cod liver oil as well and applying retin a at night...i cant help but pick my face especially when it has a white head and is ready to pop and i already got some previous scarring so i hope i wont scar this time. i wonder how long will this initial breakout last ughhh..i feel like i wanna escape from it all but cant :(.acne is 1 of the worst phases in my life ughh i hope that i will cear up in a month or 2 its been 6 weeks now on retin a ,i researched and it says initial break out happens between weeks 3-6 and the in calms down ..i hope u get clear also very soonn

hey grl trust me i know it suks.i suffered with cystic acne for yrs. accutane cleared me now im treating my scars.have you thought about going back on tane? alot of ppl need a second course.dont give up.youre not alone just look at this forum,there are so many ppl dealing with acne.you have to find whats works best for u.

The last three or four weeks, my skin's been great. The new regimen I started with Isotretinoin, and the vitamins and supplements I started taking, was working brilliantly. For the most part, I guess it still is. But literally over the last 48 hours my face has exploded with acne. Huge pimples on my right cheek and at the top of my nose. They're so red and sore, I look like I've been in a fight! Haven't had anything like this for at least a couple of years.

Straight away, all my old behaviours kicked in again: I popped them and made it even worse; hardly slept at all last night; spent the night just waiting for the moment when I had to look in the mirror and get ready for work; even contemplated not going to work.

Aside for these two huge pimples, I guess it's not so bad. Suppose it's just because of their sheer size and how inflamed they are. I can feel them all the time and I'm going to be sat at my desk all day knowing that they're there. Just want to hide!

Took the bus to work this morning and three young girls got on with their mother. I guess they were aged between four and eight. The girls saw me straight away and started laughing and whispering. Twenty minute bus ride seemed to last forever! I couldn't bring myself to say anything as the last thing I wanted to do was have to look at people.

I thought I'd turned a corner with my skin - hopefully I have and this is just a temporary setback - but it's quite surprising how quickly I've reverted back to my old way of thinking and how rubbish this has suddenly made me feel. Perhaps part of that is disappointment because I was starting to get used to it looking good.

Goes to show just how deeply rooted the behaviours and insecurities can become, and how easily they can be triggered.

s_s - Can understand where you're coming from by looking for someone to blame. We think to ourselves, 'What did I do to deserve this? Who caused this? Why me?' And thinking the way you're thinking when you can't quite see a way out, it's just a way of expressing the anger and the frustration isn't it. Personally, nobody in my immediate family has acne or had persistent acne in their teens. It's always been just me, alone. I kind of played up to that and cut myself off from everyone for years. I was just starting to get to grips with it as my skin has become clearer over the last month or so, but now I just want to hide again.

If I were you, I'd stick with the Retin A for a little while longer and see how it goes. It's horrible when your skin doesn't seem to get any better and it feels like you have to make a major change in order to improve it, but sometimes changing things before they've had enough time to work can only add to our problems. It's hard to know what to do for the best isn't it.

I can't really comment on the Accutane situation as I've never taken it, researched it properly, and my doctor told me I wouldn't qualify as my skin isn't bad enough.

hey grl trust me i know it suks.i suffered with cystic acne for yrs. accutane cleared me now im treating my scars.have you thought about going back on tane? alot of ppl need a second course.dont give up.youre not alone just look at this forum,there are so many ppl dealing with acne.you have to find whats works best for u.

i am tired of being on acne medication girl i was on sooo many things from birth control pills to several acne antibiotics to topicals and accutane ratin a for the 2nd time so i dont really know what works for me honestly ,i dont think that i would go on the 2nd round of tane i wouldn't want to experience that break out for 4 months straight and feel soo shitttt again i would be scared of that,but i hope retin a will clear me up soon its just depressing when breakouts happen and all the shit all over my face its just not attractive,i know i am not the only 1 but that doesnt help me much when i just look in the mirror and see all the breakouts all over ahh

The last three or four weeks, my skin's been great. The new regimen I started with Isotretinoin, and the vitamins and supplements I started taking, was working brilliantly. For the most part, I guess it still is. But literally over the last 48 hours my face has exploded with acne. Huge pimples on my right cheek and at the top of my nose. They're so red and sore, I look like I've been in a fight! Haven't had anything like this for at least a couple of years.

Straight away, all my old behaviours kicked in again: I popped them and made it even worse; hardly slept at all last night; spent the night just waiting for the moment when I had to look in the mirror and get ready for work; even contemplated not going to work.

Aside for these two huge pimples, I guess it's not so bad. Suppose it's just because of their sheer size and how inflamed they are. I can feel them all the time and I'm going to be sat at my desk all day knowing that they're there. Just want to hide!

Took the bus to work this morning and three young girls got on with their mother. I guess they were aged between four and eight. The girls saw me straight away and started laughing and whispering. Twenty minute bus ride seemed to last forever! I couldn't bring myself to say anything as the last thing I wanted to do was have to look at people.

I thought I'd turned a corner with my skin - hopefully I have and this is just a temporary setback - but it's quite surprising how quickly I've reverted back to my old way of thinking and how rubbish this has suddenly made me feel. Perhaps part of that is disappointment because I was starting to get used to it looking good.

Goes to show just how deeply rooted the behaviours and insecurities can become, and how easily they can be triggered.

s_s - Can understand where you're coming from by looking for someone to blame. We think to ourselves, 'What did I do to deserve this? Who caused this? Why me?' And thinking the way you're thinking when you can't quite see a way out, it's just a way of expressing the anger and the frustration isn't it. Personally, nobody in my immediate family has acne or had persistent acne in their teens. It's always been just me, alone. I kind of played up to that and cut myself off from everyone for years. I was just starting to get to grips with it as my skin has become clearer over the last month or so, but now I just want to hide again.

If I were you, I'd stick with the Retin A for a little while longer and see how it goes. It's horrible when your skin doesn't seem to get any better and it feels like you have to make a major change in order to improve it, but sometimes changing things before they've had enough time to work can only add to our problems. It's hard to know what to do for the best isn't it.

I can't really comment on the Accutane situation as I've never taken it, researched it properly, and my doctor told me I wouldn't qualify as my skin isn't bad enough.

Yeah i suppose isotretinoin causes initial breakouts that are horrible by purging everything to the surface and then it gets better,i have been avoiding to even date this guy that i kind of like for a while i said i am too busy that in few weeks i should be less busy(coz i am hoping to get clear in few weeks),i am busy but if i wanted i could still make time for him but i just said that coz my face look horrible right now with the breakouts and i dont want nobody to see me.When my face is clear i feel so much better and in a better mood and just like u said u feel like u want to hide yeah i feel the same :(...i hope we both get clear very soon ...i think ppl who dont have acne problems are soo lucky and then u see them going crazy if they get a small pimple but yet they have no idea what it would feel like if their whole face was coverd with acne

I just want to hug you. I know it sucks, I've heard retin a takes about 3 months to make it better, so you're almost there.

aww thanks :).well it feels good that somebody understands and can be supportive but people in general dont do that if u have acne they look at u like ur ugly and somthin is wrong with u and ur dirty its just how sad and uneducated people are but ahh well ....my skin doesnt loook soo inflamed anymore as it was last week i guess its getting better and i hope its going to take less than 3 months because i already had to 'hide' and stay at home and avoid being seen too much and just go to work thats about it

s_s hope u also get better..its been 2 months since i started using retin-A + Differin..

last week my face was so bad, i just thought of going for the hardcore method-Accutane..for the 2nd time tat is..but i just didn't want to go though the whole care thing..coz i like to live my life a little rough:)) weight training and martial arts..

so i'm still gonna go on with the Retin-A and Differin..+ Turmeric Juice + Fish cod liver oil tablets..i've been thinking of introducing Zinc into my regimen, but i don't seem to be able to find a pure Zinc supplement as such..

And yeah my face seems to be a little better this week.i might check out the chick i've been dreaming about;)))

All the Best S_S and Everyone.

s_s hope u also get better..its been 2 months since i started using retin-A + Differin..

last week my face was so bad, i just thought of going for the hardcore method-Accutane..for the 2nd time tat is..but i just didn't want to go though the whole care thing..coz i like to live my life a little rough:)) weight training and martial arts..

so i'm still gonna go on with the Retin-A and Differin..+ Turmeric Juice + Fish cod liver oil tablets..i've been thinking of introducing Zinc into my regimen, but i don't seem to be able to find a pure Zinc supplement as such..

And yeah my face seems to be a little better this week.i might check out the chick i've been dreaming about;)))

All the Best S_S and Everyone.

i also thought about going on accutane for the 2nd time but like i said earlier i am sick and tired of being on meds so i might just try it the natural way eat healthy and take supplements and all that for a while and see how it goes..but i dont get it coz i use to eatt alot of junk and my face wasnt so bad a while ago so i dont know what triggered all the imbalances in my body,maybe depression and cold weather :think: .i want to go to the doctors and check out if i am allergic to something but i dont know.right now i know the cause is the initial break out from retin a...but thanks buddy and i am happy for u that ur face is getting better and u will check out the chick ur dreaming about :)..goodluck with that :)i must google tumeric juice bcoz i never heard of it :think: .. ps. go to the health store shop thats where they have zinc ,but i guess i bought the wrong 1 lol coz if u google it they have different types of zinc and there is zinc glucose i think thats the name of thats good for acne but i will stil keep taking this 1 that i got for a while with fish oil