Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Half'n'Half

Vitamin/Supplement Top Recommendations

Guest Half'n'Half

Hi, everyone.

I have my acne history listed on other posts, so I won't bore you with all those details again. Suffice it to say, I have adult acne, largely hormonal, and recently I've gotten lots of tiny bumps and whiteheads on my forehead (not sure why--no major lifestyle changes).

I've been taking EPO for about 6 months now, but I'm really thinking about giving up on it. I haven't been megadosing (I only take 2 a day), but even so, I would think that little bits added up over all that time would eventually have the same effect as megadosing.

I've thought about Vitamin D (I don't get outside much, as it's cold here most of the year), or maybe Vitamin A. I've considered zinc, but it seems like I've heard stories of once you start it you can't stop, and that makes me nervous. I don't like the idea of being that dependent on something. However, I realize there are probably a lot of options you guys know of.

So with that being said, what would you recommend I replace the EPO with?

I'm pretty low maintenance, so ideally I would only be taking 1 or 2 different supplements once a day. (I don't like the thought of popping lots of pills if I don't have to for health reasons.) It should also be something that's easy to find in your typical supermarket, etc. If it's inexpensive, even better! :dance:

I am also thinking about trying out a retinoid (maybe Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Night Formula), so feel free to chime in with your experiences/recommendations/cautions there, too.

Thank you all!

Vitamin D3. Most people are deficient anyway...

Even if it doesn't help with your acne...it'll help with your immune system by a large margin

A german study shown that it could boost your immune system by 3-5 times...but that was probably in huge doses

flaxseed oil pills. I know you said you don't want to take a lot of pills but 8-12 of these/day clear my forehehead bumps/whiteheads up like no medication/topical ever has.