Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mathenfor

help please :)

Hey, I started suffering from acne when i was 14 and it was severe i had basicly the whole of my cheeks and chin covered in acne (before i had never had a spot), i just lived with it for a few months because i didnt know there was any treatment for it :) then one of my friends told me if you go to the GP they will give you treatment. so i went and they put me on doxycycline tablets and PanOxyl cream/gel stuff, and i think that was 2.5. I think it took about 6 months to fully go but when it went it completely went - i had no scarring and not a spot on my face. Because i had no spots i completely stopped all treatment and my skin was clear for a whole summer, then it came back November of last year (2010) but it wasnt as severe this time but it was bad enough to get treatment, so i went back to the GP and they put me back on the doxycycline and this made it better but never got rid of it. so now im on doxycycline still and they have perscribed me a gel called isotrex, i started this about a week ago.

Should i continue to use isotrex or should i go back on the PanOxyl since it worked last time?

I wash my face 3 times a day with simple soap, which probably doesnt help :) and i have some simple moisturiser should i use it? i dont currently moisturise. Also i sometimes use oxy maximum face scrub, will this help or just irritate my skin??

Thank you :)