Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've recently been trying to construct a skincare routine, and I'm quite confused about everything...

Basically the problem that I'm getting is that I'm getting blocked pores, which are leading to whiteheads. I don't have very oily skin, but it's probably somewhere around about normal. So I'm thinking it's just exfoliation that I need?

Anyway, every morning and night I've been using my favourite cleanser, which is quite gentle - and then finishing off with a toner made from ACV and spring water.

That's where the problem is I think, no exfoliation - so I introduced a rotorua clay mask once per week, and seemed to see improvement.

I've stuck with that for 4 months now and I'm not seeing much of an improvement. So I recently bought some cleansing lotion from Neutrogena (aqua, alcohol denat, glycerin, salicylic acid, menthyl lactate, parfum)

and also a blackhead control scrub by St. Ives which says to use 3 times weekly at max. (also contains Salicylic acid)

SO, my question is - do I need to be using this Neutrogena cleansing lotion as a toner after I've washed my face with my usual cleanser? or is it too much?

I'm thinking of basically alternating 3 days using the st. ives scrub at night, and one day for a clay mask. But is that over-exfoliation and do I really need it as I've got a double dose of salicylic acid in there. I just feel like I should really be using a toner after cleansing is all.

I'm quite confused how to manage all this... can someone give me a few pointers or info please, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.